Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Type : Full Time Job Category : Design
Closing Date : September 24th, 2019
Location : Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
We are looking for a Junior UX Designer to support our software design and development team in production of interaction design and information architecture deliverables (flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, etc.). You will take part in brainstorming, ideation, and sketching activities throughout projects as well as planning and conducting user research and testing.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us improve our applications.
We provide workspace, fast internet, MacBook, books, and online resources to help you achieve your set deliverables while building on your skills.
- Work with the UI and Service Designers to optimise products and services for a range of client touch points
- Conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs meet client and user requirements
- Analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into new designs
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using key tools such as XD, Sketch, Balsamiq and InVision
- Help to create clean and simple user-centred designs
- Work with developers and designers to build user-friendly web and mobile apps
- Assist the Design lead in creating design rationale and specifications
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time
- Passion for entering the world of UX design of web and mobile applications
- Quick-learning, self-motivated and proactive attitude
- Ability to accurately complete detail-oriented work both independently and with others
- Stay up to date with new web and mobile design trends and technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- At least one year experience of UX design in production environments
- Experience with design and research tools (Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, UXPin, Sketch, Balsamiq, and InVision)
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and practices
- Proficient in wire-framing and comfortable producing concept sketches and user flows
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS is an added advantage
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in a Design/Computer Science related field
- Portfolio of design projects
- Ability to do UI design is an added advantage