Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The University of Maryland Baltimore School Of Medicine through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya, implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Ministry of Health in Kenya towards epidemic control. MGIC Kenya is seeking suitably qualified persons able to fill the following position.
POSITION: ICT OFFICERS (2)LOCATION: NAIROBI
DURATION: 1 YEAR
To provide on- going front and back end support within the NPHLS labs and County facilities. The positions with directly interact with the users at the different labs and will support network management and trouble shooting. The positions will ensure system maximum availability, integrity and security of the NPHLS system. In addition the positions will oversee and conduct refresher training for the laboratory technical personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinates the security efforts to meet the application or system security needs at the labs
· Install and maintains various software and utilities needed to manage the operating system. Monitors capacity for the server.
· Monitor network usage and its effect on ICT resources availability and performance expectations.
· Develop and implement operating procedures that optimize network availability.
· Ensure that networks, systems and services are available to users and that information is processed and transferred correctly, preserving its integrity.
· Proactively monitor network equipment for fault or other service affecting conditions and perform regular system backups.
· User Support and training on new software
· Provides help desk support and coordinates resolution when a staff system related problem arises.· Maintains and tracks software licenses compliance for the application or system. Includes licenses for application as well as operating system, database, client, etc.
· Vendor management – Liaison with service providers to ensure network or any other assigned project is implemented as per the project plan.
· Inventory management: Keep updated record of: physical location of all the ICT related equipment, software ,System specs and licenses
· Manage trouble tickets end-to-end and keep records of all users’ problems and errors as well as the steps taken to solve the problems and use the information to help anticipate, and prevent or solve future problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology, or equivalent qualification plus professional ICT qualifications such as MCSD, CISA
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ experience as an Information Communications Technology Officer with supervisory and managerial responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience in the following software development: SQL, Java, Oracle, visual Studio, Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Crystal, IIS and web/mobile application frameworks;
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 9th Sept, 2019.
Applicants are advised to include the position title as the subject.The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.