Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
: Kenya-Mount Kenya-Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
a Bartender with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an
ambassador for the exceptional service and flavours that are hallmarks
of our restaurant and lounge experience. Your warm, attentive guest
service and passion for mixology is worth raising a glass to!
Hotel Overview: Everyone agrees that the Mount Kenya Safari Club Nanyuki is an exclusive retreat. Situated some one hundred and ninety kilometres to the north of Nairobi, on the slopes of Mount Kenya, it has a reputation for relaxed elegance. Many of the world’s famous names, be they royalty, film stars or merely the rich, seek it out as a secluded haven where, although you do your safari during the day, you always dress for dinner.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bar Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Eligible to work in Kenya
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 11.Oct.2019, 6:59:00 AM