Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MSF is an independent humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need. MSF Somalia mission is seeking a qualified person for the position below:Job Title : ICT ASSISTANT
Work Location : Nairobi Coordination Office.
Start date : Immediately
Length of contract : Fixed term (1 year) 100% with three to six months’ probation period
Provide assistance in monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the coordination and mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.Other tasks include, but not limited to:
- Assist in monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes, the following tasks:
- Together with the ICT Specialist, assist in analyzing the ICT needs of the mission and assists to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
- Assist in identifying and implementing Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.). Assist in installing, maintaining and monitoring, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission.
- Provide assistance in comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance.
- Support by checking and providing network security, help desk assistance and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.).
- Support users/client ensuring their questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Essential: Advanced Diploma or Degree in IT.
- Essential: 2 years’ or more experience in a similar role.
- Desirable: Previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s & administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.).
- Essential: Fluent in English & Kiswahili (written & spoken)
- Desirable: Fluency in Somali (written & spoken).
Knowledge:Essential: computer literacy in:
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric.
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access
- Results and quality orientation.
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Behavioral Flexibility. Service Orientation.
- Stress Management. Teamwork & Cooperation
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 24th September 2019 under the subject “ICT ASSISTANT” to: email@example.com.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)