Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Mater Misericordiae Hospital is seeking to fill the above position. Reporting to the Health Records Manager successful applicant will be responsible for the following responsibilities amongst others:
- Greet and receive patients professionally and guide/ advise the client as per their needs.
- Capture all patient demographics, enter the details on lifeline system after verification and assign a hospital unique identifier to the patient by observing the one patient one Hospital number policy
- Activate credit slips/service request accordingly as per the patient’s needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients and Hospital information.
- Secure payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring verifying approvals and adhere to the debtors account guidelines.
- Seek preauthorization for elective procedures and make timely follow up with the respective insurance company/NHIF.
- Schedule patients with a referral appointment to a consultant/specialized services and communicate to the client on the time and date of the clinic.
- Capture all hospital revenue by charging/debting all services utilized by the client on the lifeline system and finalize invoices.
- Pre-admit patients by observing the admission guidelines and timely notification of all NHIF inpatient cases.
- Liaise with ward in charges to reconcile the bed occupancy on the lifeline system.
- To enter all information in the request form onto the master register as required and give a reference number.
- To prepare /package specimen to be referred/outsourced and coordinate with the courier for transportation.
- Follow up reports of outsourced tests.
- To dispatch analyzed reports and ensure that no results are delayed in the laboratory.
- To answer telephone calls appropriately.
- To receive and coordinate Blood Donors.
- To organize transports for emergency outsource cases to other facilities.
- To confirm the invoices for outsourced tests and forward to the manager for approval.
- Receiving and apportioning our medical centers laboratory referral samples and following dispatch of reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must Have Diploma in Health Records Management
- 1 year experience in related field.
- High level of Integrity and patient confidentiality.
- Computer literacy in health systems management and office word.
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the requirements listed, please send your application together with a detailed CV,
copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than September 20th 2019.
Indicate on the subject line of the email the position you are applying for.
Mater Misericordiae Hospital does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process. Mater is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.