Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Data Management Assistant
Vacancy Number; SVN/IOMSO/050/2019
Duty Station; Nairobi, Kenya
Classification; General Service, Grade G4**
Type of Appointment; Short term, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 September, 2019**
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision and management of the Senior Program Coordinator and under the direct supervision and management of the Project Support and Visibility Officer (Preparedness and Response Division) and in coordination with the Program Managers (CCCM/DTM, WASH, MHD and SNFI) of the Preparedness and Response Division (PRD), the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting PRD’s reporting and visibility needs. In particular, the Data Management and Visibility Assistant will be responsible for strengthening the external communications of IOM Somalia’s PRD programs by producing visibility products, social media posts, and other activity reports. The successful candidate will also support PRD’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions, involving data collection, management, analysis and visualization, and building case studies and lessons learned.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Create visibility products for PRD such as signboards, diagrams, maps and other design products;
- Assist in producing regular unit updates, sitreps, external reports, factsheets, case studies, briefs and success stories as required, which are appropriate to target audiences and ensure timely dissemination of products;
- Assist in consolidating data from the field, and to use the data to monitor and evaluate program activities;
- Assist in data visualization by creating charts, graphs and diagrams from data sets;
- Assist in developing an online dashboard of program activities for internal monitoring and external reporting purposes;
- Act as the focal point for PRD’s social media postings, based on the information gathered from different PRD units; and
- Undertake any other task as requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in communications, design, statistics, data science, international development or other relevant social science subjects with at least two years of relevant professional experience or:
- High school degree with at least four years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficiency in graphics and publishing software is required, including, but not limited to, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in excel for data collection, management, analysis and visualization is required;
- Proficiency in video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, is an asset;
- Proficiency in GIS software, such as QGIS, ARCGIS, Tableau, is an asset;
- Proficiency in business intelligence (BI) software, such as Power BI, Tableau, is an asset.
- Experience in M&E preferred.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili is required. Somali language is Advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
HOW TO APPLY:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station
with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to:firstname.lastname@example.org
From 17.09.2019 to 30.09.2019