Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- MBA (Accounting/Finance option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- CPA(K) or its equivalent
- At least five (5) years working experience as Internal Audit, three (3) of which must have been as senior management position
- ICPAK Membership or its equivalent
- Computerized Information Systems Audit (CISA)
- Must be computer literate
- Exemplary work performance
- Coordinate preparation, approval by the Audit Committee and implementation of annual audit plans.
- Ensure proper interpretation of financial policies for sound auditing practices and control.
- Responsible for coordination of Audit department’s activities, including staff training and development.
- Liaising with external auditors and ensure implementation of their recommendations.
- Developing and updating the Board Internal Audit & Compliance Committee Charter as well as the internal Audit Charter and ensure they are duly approved
- Review effectiveness of the risk management system and strategies, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Review the adequacy of internal policies, procedures and processes to ensure necessary and sufficient internal controls are in place.
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management’s response and implementation.
- Implement the annual audit plan and present a report to the Council Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance with sound internal audit principles, relevant statutes, government policies and best practices.
- Staff management including ensuring target setting, performance evaluation, mentoring, training and development of staff in the department.
- Carry out special assignments including investigations and recommend controls to mitigate risks.
- Designing and coordinating the execution of an annual audit plan in compliance with conventional audit guidelines and best practices.
- Maintain Audit working files to ensure working papers are complete and available audit evidence fully supports audit opinions and recommendations.
- Receive and review external auditor’s reports and management responses thereto including the actions taken to address material issues raised.
- Review the University’s operations on various compliance with the relevant statutes, policies, rules, regulations, administrative government circulars and guidelines.
- Ensure proper preparation of audit reports, presentation of the same to the Audit & Compliance Committee on quarterly basis and implementation of audit recommendations.