Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi with travel to field sites
Reports to: Country Financial Controller–Kenya
Direct Reports: Donor Accountant
Fixed Term One (1) Year Renewable Contract Subject to Availability of Funds and Performance
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade – Kes 197,077
Pension after Confirmation of Appointment
Medical Cover (Principal + 2 Dependants)
Personal Accident Cover
The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of USAID/FFP project including financial reporting and budget monitoring. They will be the focal person for the project in relation to finance and accounting. S/he will also ensure all other donor budgets and reports are prepared, reviewed and submitted on time. They will play a key role in ensuring that donor rules and regulations are fulfilled which will be achieved through donor compliance and donor management. They will work with the budget holders to ensure the reports are accurate and in line with the approved budgets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a complete donor file as per Concern guideline which consists of donor contract agreements, reports (narrative and financial, important correspondences, etc both in hard and soft copies
- Undertake mapping of the donor budget against Concern chart of account to facilitate preparation of monthly donor expenditure report using the appropriate financial reporting format and taking into account donor requirements
- Monitor financial management of the grant to ensure consistency with agreed technical plan and actual implementation, and monitor the projected expenditures against their actual incurrence by making sure that budget holder reviews donor transaction list monthly.
- Undertake periodic joint review of donor reports with budget holder based on agreed upon arrangements where any Under/Over utilization will be justified and come up with corrective measures in consultation with CFC and PD.
- Ensure key donor compliance checklists are available to the relevant staff
- Ensure revised budget codes are availed to relevant staff
- Maintain donor reporting schedule to ensure the team is well informed of the need for timely reporting.
- Maintain on a monthly basis time sheet for staff covered under the grant
- Prepare a separate fixed asset register for the project
- Maintain any distribution lists for items purchased in bulk and distributed to final user including airtime
- Ensure relevant reports are reviewed by management and Regional Accountant before submission
- Liaise, build and maintain good relationship with donors (consortium lead)
- Assist the budget holder with budget revisions for the project by providing the tools and information required to facilitate such
- The review of grant/contract finances, compliance requirements and reporting through each stage in the life cycle of a grant/contract, from proposal to close out. This includes adherence to donor and Concern rules/ regulations, as well as ensuring the correct agreement structure and terms are negotiated with the recipients.
- Training staff in the area of grants management both with respect to Concern’s process and specific donor requirements etc.
- In consultation with HR and budget holders, keep updated schedule of all staff funding, that can be used to identify staff funding gap at a glance
- Assisting the Programme Director and the Country Financial Controller with systems improvement and implementation of new processes to support growth
- Provide support during the organization’s annual external audits
- Act as a resource to staff on compliance requirements as it relates to donors regulations
- Keep the appropriate staff alerted to upcoming grant reporting deadlines, e.g. financial and technical reports.
Human Resource Management;
- Carry out the staff appraisal
- Ensure donor Management (Budgeting, Reporting, Filing) for other donors is done
- Ensure maximum support is given during organization Budget Revisions and donor budgets
- Ensure finance is represented during the donor proposal process
- Ensure there is a file maintained for each donor as per Concern’s guidelines
- Maximum assistance is offered during External/Internal donor Audit processes
Communication and Reports
- Communication in writing to the Country Financial Controller and programme manager of any areas where non- compliance exists or expenditure cannot be verified.
- Ensure continual communication with budget holders, Finance staff and Partner staff is maintained at every level of grant management.
- Ensure sign off from appropriate senior Programme representatives is obtained on the all donor reports
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- · To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
· A degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or relevant field
· CPA (K) or ACCA professional certification
· At least five (5) years’ experience working in busy finance or accounts in an international NGO that works with and through partners is preferred.
· Knowledge of International donors’ (e.g. DFID, ECHO, USAID/OFDA, UNICEF etc) rules and standard tools while budgeting, spending and reporting.
· Strong financial management and donor compliance skills
· Proficient in computer software applications including at least one accounting/financial software, preferably Microsoft Great Plains (MGP), Word and Excel
· Confidentiality, integrity, accountability and attention to detail
· Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and planning skills
· Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV
and Cover Letter
only to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject of the email as ‘Grants Manager’
. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 6th October, 2019.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT