Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To ensure that interline billing transactions to and from other airlines, Tax obligations to Governments, Miscellaneous Billings of selling contracts and Manual stock of airline travel documents are accurately processed, reported and billed for in accordance with the company Accounting procedures, IATA rules and regulations and bilateral agreements.
- Reconciliation of various General Ledger Accounts for the purpose of explaining entries and balances in the accounts and clearing reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Continuous preparation and passing of Journals and invoices in the ERP System to record various entries that are not captured through the REVERA interface Processing.
- Reconciliation of IATA form 3 billing summary to actual processed transactions and follow up and resolution of any reconciling differences.
- Ensure that all miscellaneous billing transactions are analyzed and supporting documents send to the relevant departments for approval and eventual expensing or rejection.
- Ensure that rejection debit and credit memos and processed in the general ledger account on a periodic basis.
- Ensure that variations in various exchange rates as defined in Revenue Accounting manual are analyzed and journalized / billed on a periodic basis.
- Running the inward billing, rejections and outward billing Interface Files in the Revenue Accounting System ensuring that they are processed on a weekly basis for the purpose of interfacing to the ERP system.
- Maintain appropriate relations with Interline Accountants of other airlines in order to ensure that they provide relief in case of out of time and erroneous billing on a reciprocal basis.
- Analyze and process billing invoices from/ to Non-ICH and non MITA / BITA carriers.
- Prepare cost centre budgets and periodically analyze variance between actual cost centre expenditure and budget explaining any significant variations.
- During audit, to handle both internal and external auditors on matters relating to revenue evaluation accounts.
- Correspondence with other airlines to resolve interline billing and accounting queries.
- Analysis and reconciliation of passenger tax suspense accounts and uplift accounts. The roles have an interlink with the Tax section on all sales and embarkation tax related functions.
- Monitor re-order levels and place orders for new stock to ensure sufficient stock levels at all times. The stock levels should always be re-ordered at 33%
- Receive and store revenue accountable documents to ensure safe custody and control at least 1 day of receipt.
- Process requisitions and dispatch revenue documents to users to ensure availability, within 3 days of the requisition.
- Update and maintain stock records to ensure accurate and reliable records for control purposes, within 3 days from receipt date.
- Ownership of assigned contracts, related to revenue recognition, revenue shares, billing and all other financial aspects to ensure proper accounting and invoicing. (Msafiri Magazine Advertising Simulator & General Cargo and Passenger Training Pro-Rate Share Billing Go-downs, ACHL Revenue, NAS, crew Commission, Royalty(Tourvest)
- Billing of third parties for rental, advertisement, training, duty free sales and other miscellaneous income.
- Prepare journal entries and analysis in the month end close process, including reconciling data points along the revenue stream and revenue accruals.
- Reconcile the revenue sub-ledgers and G/L accounts
- Computation of Override commission to the GSA as per SLA agreements
- Attend ICH disputes with great care to reduce to a minimum level any possibility of over billings
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Honesty & Integrity
- University degree
- Qualified accountant – CPA, ACCA, CA
- IATA certificate in proration and Interline Accounting and control.
- Advanced computing skills
- 5 years working experience in accounting