Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Play an effective role within the warehouse management team in the running of the site, holding direct accountability for all distribution operations and ensuring budgetary targets as set in the department’s roadmap 2022 document and agreed-to contractual KPI’s are achieved at all times.
Your role is to ensure Warehouse operations are run according to set SOP’s, to ensure 5’s standards are set and maintained in the chambers. You should assist Operations Manager in maintaining employee awareness of and compliance to the Kuehne + Nagel Quality, Safety & Health, Environment, and Security Management Systems, (QSHE).
- To plan, lead and control the workload of the transport team to achieve shift deadlines and KPIs
- Lead a program of continuous development for the transport team through regular reviews and identifying training needs
- Ensure that Health & Safety standards are maintained and any accidents investigated thoroughly in a timely manner and POD management
- Establish programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the transport plan
- Control and direct all transportation into and out of the warehouse to meet company standards
- Support Operations Manager to develop smooth flow of inventory into the warehouse for both shipping and storage
- To ensure that all team members including themselves comply with company delegated authorities and all finance and transportation related policies
- To actively promote, lead, coach and develop team members using the resources of the company HR framework through Timely completion of annual PPR reviews and ensuring all non-performing team members are identified, appropriately supported and managed as required
Your Skills and Experiences
- You have Diploma in Warehouse Management, Logistics & or Business Management
- You have 2 years of experience in Contract and Integrated Logistics
- You have experience in a warehouse environment and Possess professional business demeanor
- You have good communication skills – written and verbal
- You can establish priorities and multi-task
- You are analytical, computer literate, proactive and team player
- You have leadership, organizational & interpersonal skills
- You speak English and Kiswahili
Good Reasons to Join
We offer an employee friendly environment for you to develop and grow to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
About Kuehne + Nagel
over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries,
the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.