Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Engineering | Nairobi, Kenya | Full Time
Global food security is top of mind here for us at Gro Intelligence. The world could face a food deficit of 214 trillion calories per year by 2027! We believe the key to ensuring cheap and abundant food is data — enabling discovery, analysis, predictions, and better decision making in food and agriculture. That’s why we’ve built Gro, the largest agricultural data and analytics platform – with hundreds of trillions of data points from sources all over the world, a number that is doubling every six months. We’re looking for Software Engineers who specialize in Data Visualization to join our growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a highly interactive, responsive front-end UI with dynamic data visualization
- Bridge the gap between UX/Interaction Designer and back-end application development team, working closely with each to develop UX flows and interactions and integrating them seamlessly and accurately with back-end application data
- Work with Back-end Application Developers to develop appropriate web services to support the front end UI
- Work with UX/Interaction Designer and Product Designers to develop and plan the roll-out of application features
- Test UI across multiple browsers and platforms
Experience You Have:
- Work experience/educational background in Human Computer Interaction
- Html, CSS (highly skilled), CSS pre-compilers (e.g. LESS, SASS)
- Data Visualization tools like D3.js, three.js, and more generally, SVG, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, etc
- Experience building web applications, start to finish
- Strong UI implementation experience
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant experience
Who You Are:
- Know what it takes to ship high quality code
- Excellent communicator
- A great team player –you have a point of view, and know how to humbly raise it
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Experience with quantitative analysis products
- large scale systems, parallel computing, distributed storage
- Understanding of relational databases and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Graduate degree / Research experience
Please include any relevant work samples with your application, thanks!
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.