We are looking for a Software Engineer for the Customer Safety team in our great office in Berlin.Our team’s goal is to make OLX a safe and quality place for our users. We identify and remove upsetting content, ill-intentioned behaviours and fight fraud on our platform. Our systems are at the heart of OLX infrastructure, checking and moderating millions of listings and messages every day in more than 40 countries to separate wheat from chaff.We work in cross-functional, self-sufficient teams and we own what we build. Our current challenges involve scaling our products in terms of features, performance, and architecture, but also moving parts of our system from PHP to Kotlin.What you will be doing:
- As a member of a cross-functional team, design, build and run web services
- Research, suggest and implement new solutions to our problem domain
- Write maintainable, well-tested and efficient code
- Ask difficult questions
- Help your team meet your products’ SLA following a “you build it, you run it” mentality
What you need to be successful:
- Solid experience in building high-traffic web applications and familiarity with the concepts of cloud-native architectures
- Expert knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (we use PHP and Kotlin) and relational databases
- Test-driven mindset with emphasis on code quality
- Being excited about technologies and being pragmatic on what to use
- Great communication skills and looking forward to working in a diverse and international context
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS will make your onboarding easier
What we’ll give you:
- Contribute to enabling local sellers and buyers to connect – keep the Earth green
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- International team of top engineers learning from one another
- Company mobile phone and any tool you might need: MacBook Pro, notebook, PC
- Great office location around the corner from Alexanderplatz
What you need to know about us:
- OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economy
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
Click below to apply