Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic and Operational Planning: Through strategic and innovative thinking and planning guide in formulating long-range as well as short-range plans for improving enterprise application systems and services in meeting the University objectives and expectations. This includes actively participating in the ICT Strategic Planning process as well as timely formulation of annual capex and opex budgets relating to ICT Enterprise Applications systems and services.
- ICT Project Management: Offer supervision and guidance for proper project management by overseeing various systems development projects of low to high significance in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, to ensure they meet business and enterprise requirements within budget and time constraints by working closely with business owners to define project scope and schedule, organizing and leading project status and working meetings; preparing and distribute progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and ensuring delivery planning is performed for all ICT Enterprise Application systems projects.
- Innovation & Digital Transformation: Drive technology-driven and/or business-driven innovation through keeping abreast of technology advancements especially within the academia space and exploring opportunities these might present to the University. Further, it involves sufficiently engaging business users and management to understand existing pain-points and to also oversee timely delivery of business analysis support and requisite execution plans and capacity to realize digital-enablement/automation of processes and exploitation of data as an institutional asset for informed decision-making and product/service innovation, through data visualization among other related interventions.
- Utilization & Business Realization: Act as a key campaigner and institute appropriate measures to ensure increased uptake and utilization of existing enterprise application systems and other ICT systems across the University community and stakeholders.
- Service Delivery and Documentation: Facilitate the development of service designs, operational processes, standards and procedures within the purview of ICT Enterprise Application Services in line with IT service delivery best practices such ITIL and as ISO 20000, with the intention of increasing their maturity. Further is to work closely with University ICT technical teams, users and management to ensure effective and efficient resolution of enterprise applications systems requests, incidents, problems and issues, while documenting the same to enrich the ICTS knowledge base.
- ICT Security, Disaster Recovery & Quality Management: Formulate, review and recommend amendments, and ensure compliance with appropriate ICT policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for all enterprise application systems and services, in appreciation of industry best practice, to effectively execute institutional strategic objectives. Apart from ensuring quality systems development, proper systems administration, backup and restoration testing, this further involves working towards resolution of non-conformance (s) within enterprise application systems, as established by quality and/or security assessments/audits among other assurance exercises.
- Talent Development & Supervision: Guide, mentor and coach assigned, as well as other ICTS staff in growing their job-related technical skills, organizational skills, team spirit and leadership capacity. This further involves assigning supervisees, tasks and responsibilities and monitoring delivery of the same in meeting University service delivery requirements and expectations.
- Contracts and SLA Management: Ensure proper formulation, authorization and management of contracts and service level agreements (SLA) with vendors or internal/external customers meet cost, quality and University business objectives/requirements.
- Professional Development: Grow and maintain professional development by attending educational workshops/seminars/conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
- Reporting and ICT Committees: Support decision making by formulating appropriate technical as well as managerial metrics and insights and using those to design concise and simple reports to apprise senior IT management, respective ICT Committees and/or business management on matters pertaining to ICT Enterprise Application services, systems and projects according to agreed schedule/cycles or on ad hoc basis. This further involves being part of and actively contributing to applicable ICT Committees.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master of Science: Information Technology (MSc.IT), Master in Computer Science or equivalent Master in IT Degree.
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics and Computer Science or Bachelor of Business Information Technology or an IT-related degree. (2nd Upper or higher)
- 7-year hands on experience in software/systems development in a busy software development environment within a highly automated institution (s), where customer-facing digital solutions are developed and used.
- 4 years must be at a supervisory level within software/systems development team.
- Thinks outside the box (creative);
- Attention to detail,
- Results – oriented;
- Works well under pressure,
- Team player;
- Problem solving focus;
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Technical zeal;
- Strong time management & organizational skills;
- Self-discipline and drive;
- High integrity and ethical standards