Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service. Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set his working area.
- Work with Head of Department to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conducting on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintaining a record of progress for each staff member.
- Providing input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensuring new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Preparing induction programs for new employees and allocating sufficient time for their implementation.
- Work with Head of Department in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- High School or secondary diploma required.
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc).
- Minimum 1 year kitchen experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.