Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our East Africa Operations Team in the role of Tour Leader Manager, East Africa, internally known as CEO Manager, East Africa.
The CEO Manager is responsible for the management of all CEOs (Tour Leaders) and relevant processes involved in their successful tour operation from start to finish. This includes management of all administration related to CEOs, and all aspects of their performance management. The CEO Manager will act as a role model and mentor to the CEOs they work with.
Based out of the Nairobi office and reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, East Africa, the CEO Manager acts as a regional link and communication vehicle between CEOs, local office and Base Camp (Toronto). The role supports the continued push to create an overall high level of regional satisfaction – from both CEOs and our travellers – and sense of affiliation with G Adventures through continued support and training as well as continuing to spread Company Culture and Core Values, connecting all CEOs in the region to the G Adventures global community.
This position is also responsible in contributing to special projects and the overall administration of the Nairobi office and its tours, as well as assisting in managing passenger emergencies.
- Manage all CEO related administration including, payroll, entire accounts processes, communication with CEOs,
- Act as main contact for CEO programs and initiatives, reading and replying to trip comments, preparation of bonuses, pre/post email & maintaining CEO contracts, first aid qualifications and updating trip and welcome notes.
- Review, manage and report on CEO performance, including regular Skype and 1:1 meetings with CEOs.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of the CEO Schedule.
- All aspects of CEO training, including CEO Wanderers, shadow and route training.
- Partner with the Global Talent team on the full recruiting process including forecasting CEO headcount, reviewing applications, interviewing and offer negotiation. • Manage supplier relationships, ensuring service standards are consistently met.
- Manage office budgetary requirements related to role, ensuring inventory levels are maintain and replenished as required.
- Champion the use of social media among CEOs as a source of communication, engagement and branding.
- Mentor, coach and guide G Adventures CEOs.
- Flexibility as the position evolves in relation to the growing needs of the business.
- Act as an ambassador and role model of the G Adventures Core Values and Culture.
- 2+ years of experience working in the tourism industry preferably as a Manager in a similar role and/or field experience as Tour Leader
- Knowledge of the East African tourism market, product and operations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage a team of remote staff
- Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage a crisis and take responsibility for the safety of others
- Customer service oriented with solid teamwork abilities
- Strong office administration and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work recognizing the demands of deadlines and schedules
- Sound computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote, Google Suite
- Driven and motivated by a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is the norm, and willingness to learn and be challenged by continual professional development
- Positive and Innovative attitude with the ability to consult, negotiate, lead, motivate and influence others
- Understanding and identification with G Adventures’ Core Values and Company Culture
- Legally permitted to live and work in Kenya
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.**
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in the country.
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.