Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Gather and document relevant climatic information from FSNU/FEWs Net, Early Warning Committees to guide the development the advisory bulletin
- Consult and Coordination with Ministry of Agriculture at Federal and Southwest State levels to Plan an event and organize media to promulgate advisory;
- Coordinate with the SomReP Regional Management Unit (RMU), headed by Southern Operations focal point, for the printing of materials, cost associated with media event and organizing of small training on how to message the Advisory;
- Translation of Advisory into relevant Somali language (May dialect);
- Print the advisory in relevant languages for dissemination to target audiences
- Prepare mini-training for SomReP and Ministry of Agriculture members on how to communicate advisory to producers and other value-chain actors, implement training with SomReP members;
- Organize a min official launch of the Agriculture Advisory in South West State with MOA & other stakeholders
- Invite the media houses/platforms to cover the official launching or press release of the Agricultural advisory
- Facilitate government, media, and other actors to help dissemination of this information through various media channels/platforms in forms which are most relevant to the target groups (farmers, pastoralists, middle-value chain actors, etc.).
- Monitor the media outlets confirm that the advisory was disseminated.
- Facilitate related logistics for developing, launching, dissemination and monitoring dissemination processes of the agriculture advisory.
- Inception Report in hard copies and soft copies
- Minutes of consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders – Government, UN, Early Warning Committees
- Advisory bulletins in relevant Somali language
- Advisory Launch meetings conducted
- Evidence of Media dissemination produced
- Final Report submitted
- MSc in climate and/or meteorological field
- 5 years or more Previous experience on agricultural climate data related advisory work
- Has working relationships with various stakeholders Somalia – government, media,
- Ability to facilitate government, media, and other actors to help disseminate this information through various mediums in forms relevant to the target groups (farmers, pastoralists, middle-value chain actors, etc
- The consultant is expected to cover own logistics costs i.e flights, ground transport, accommodation, security etc. World Vision Somalia will only provide necessary linkages and contacts where applicable.
- Logistics costs should be quoted separately from the professional fees