Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job title: Project Officer – Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation
Grade Level: 12
Reports to: Project Manager
Work Location: Dadaab
Purpose of the position:
To ensure that monitoring and evaluation of the food assistance programme in the sub-counties and accountability mechanisms are established to allow World Vision remain accountable to the community and other stakeholders. To effectively communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of life that serves as an example to others
The position holder must be able to Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (Learning and Documentation) 45%
- Support Project assessments (Internal and external)
- Support in project designs and ensure that the log frame and M&E plan are realistic for food assistance programme.
- Liaise with National Office technical specialists for their contribution to the technical aspects of the project design.
- Ensure that M&E activities are adequately budgeted for, this includes monitoring and end of project evaluation for the specified project
- Ensure that all Monitoring activities are carried out and reported on time (PDMs, MBFSM, On site distribution monitoring)
- Ensure that Monitoring data is regularly reviewed for its appropriateness and usefulness in measuring progress toward the achievement of project objective.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, Private Sector and WFP in order to advance the learning goal of the project
- Prepare quality monthly, Quarterly and end of project reports in time.
- Review Visit reports from Field Monitors and ensure they are in line with the design
- Prepare schedule for monitoring together with communities and partners
- Seek input from local level partners to adapt monitoring tools, where appropriate.
- Plan tracking for key CWB indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities.
Humanitarian Accountability (20%)
- Ensure that M&E system for the food programme is linked to Humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Work with communities and beneficiaries to establish Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in all project sites and ensure that they are functional
- Ensure that protection issues that comes from the PDM and CRM are addressed appropriate.
- Ensure implementation of a safe, efficient and effective system for receiving and processing of feedback, ensuring a two-way communication between communities, beneficiaries and World Vision.
- Ensure that community feedback is effectively used to inform project implementation, monitoring, learning and improvement
- Prepare Monthly reports highlighting type(s) and number of community complaints / feedback by project sites. The report should include how these have been analyzed, followed up and used to improve community engagement and project implementation
Commodity Management, Monitoring and Accountability (15%)
- Ensure that commodities/ Cash are received by the targeted beneficiaries. Spot-check FDP stores to ensure they are properly maintained and all equipment functioning properly
- Ensure all records are maintained as per CBTD, commodity manual and Cash transfer guidelines.
- Ensure the implementation of GFD/CFA activities is in line with the design and serves the needs of the community.
- Ensure that Last Mile Mobile Solution (LMMS) system is implemented, utilized and monitored.
Capacity Building 15%
- Ensure that capacity building plan on monitoring is in place and utilized
- Ensure that Data collection teams are fully trained, and receive field practice; in applicable research methods prior to formal data collection processes are undertaken
- Build capacity of partners effectively to collect monitoring data on CWB outcomes of strategic relevance.
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor (5%)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A degree related to the science and practice of community development, program design, statistics and evaluation.
- Two years’ experience in monitoring & evaluation positions including participatory research and impact measurement;
- Proven technical ability around M&E (i.e. experience in managing data entry and conducting data analysis and interpretation)
- Experience with SPSS or EPI Info and other related statistical software packages.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Empirical knowledge of humanitarian codes, principles and practice;
- Good report writing skills and computer proficiency.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Good presentation skills
- Good team player, self- starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships;
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision