Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 8500 employees in 74 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1.85 billion in 2017. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Based at Nairobi in Kenya, in order to build our team, we are currently seeking an:
Technical Demonstrator (Baker/Pastry Chef)
We believe that people will attach more and more importance to the quality of their food and search for diversity & new experiences. We believe that our diverse customers will require adjusted products & services. A key element for success is the technical support that is requested both internally and by our customers. Our innovation centres are the place where our technical teams create a great customer experience.
Reporting directly to Sales Director, the successful candidate for this key function is to deliver frequent, state of the art, technical service & expertise. He or she needs to inspire customers with differentiating finished goods, based on latest global & local trends while using our focus product range. In close collaboration with the business development teams, he or she shall maintain existing & grow new business at different types of customers through high end technical support and commercial contacts.
- Give demonstrations with Puratos products, finished goods and concepts in order to create close relationship with the customers.
- Organize and/or give training sessions
- Participate and/or manage seminars & events in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and R&D. (TT, IPS, CID…)
- Trouble shooting at customers to support them in solving issues in their daily production in a timely manner
Develop inspirational finished goods and concepts
- Actively look for customer needs and market trend and translates these into inspirational products
- Create finished goods, recipes and concepts in close collaboration with the business development teams
- Share recipes with customers and colleagues through multiple communication media
Business development activities
- Promote the focus products according to the Puratos Product Strategy
- Maintain existing business and develop new business by identifying opportunities and threats at customers
- Positively influence purchase orders from customers by great product demonstrations and highlighting our high-quality differentiating product range
- Contribute to marketing events
Build and share knowledge and experience
- Help colleagues and customers build technical knowledge on Puratos products, technologies and solutions
- Stay up to date on new technologies, machinery/equipment, trends and techniques and share with other technical advisors
New product development and innovations
- Contribute early on in the development process to product development in close collaboration with the R&D and Marketing department
- Give technical advice on the product characteristics that need to be considered in the product development process. Advise on how the products are being used and how they can the customers’ life easier
- Support the business development teams in positioning the product range and determine gaps
- Contribute to new product launches (product testing, pictures & video’s, market tests …)
Support Innovation Center organization
- Keep the Innovation Center in a perfect state on a day-to-day base (through 5S implementation)
- Inform the purchase responsible about raw materials needed for demonstrations
- Follow-up and report customer activities in CRM and reporting tools provided
- Develop and maintain a network of schools, machinery manufacturers, professional bakery organizations
- Develop and contribute in the internal international technical community
- Secondary education in Bakery/Pastry
- Hands-on experience in the Bakery/Patisserie/Chocolate sector
- Language skills: local language and English
- Computer skills and ability to use professional tools (CRM…)
- Good knowledge on ingredients, process & equipment and finished goods
- Willing to share knowledge with colleagues and customers
- Ability to translate creative concepts into inspirational finished goods and concepts
- Strong communicator, able to inspire customers
- Interdependent team player: respect others, helpful, open minded, modest and integer
- Proven planning and organization skills with good attention to detail
- Consulting and selling skills
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility to travel.
- Having a driving license is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (be a good communicator, has a good didactive approach and a good speaker).
- Flexible personality and attitude: open-minded, honest, social, respect, team player.
- Independent with a commercial approach (in order to tailor make his/her program to the needs of the customers).
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages our people to take initiatives and bring ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course, Puratos offers a competitive package (salary, group insurance, healthcare, training…) but additionally, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.