Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BRANCH MANAGER MACHAKOS
- Building and strengthening business relationships with existing and prospective clients to achieve performance targets;
- Developing and constantly updating underwriting service standards and manuals in line with the customer service charter;
- Achieving departmental service standards in processing, approval and release of crucial documents within set Turn Around times;
- Managing the business portfolio through prudent underwriting in order to achieve the targeted business mix and loss ratio;
- Collecting outstanding premium within the credit control policy;
- Managing the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations within the agreed timelines;
- Exploring opportunities presented by the market and developing innovative products and solutions that meet customer needs;
- Supervising unit managers (APA Life and APA Insurance) from the region;
- Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units including internal and external audit recommendations;
- Developing departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
- Entrenching performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
- Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
- Training, coaching and mentoring staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department;
- Implementing interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads;
- Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in insurance or any business related field.
- Insurance Diploma (AIIK)
- At least 6 years relevant experience with at least 2 years managerial experience
- Clear underwriting process understanding, sales and intermediaries relationships including substantial knowledge of other functions within the branch
- Knowledge of legal and compliance framework and regulatory bodies
- Sales Skills
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Honest, disciplined, ambitious and willing to learn.
- Result oriented and able to work within agreed timelines