Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Be part of our mission to keep more people more connected, more often.DT One offers over five billion people across emerging economies greater access to digital communications, enabling them to stay better connected and as a result participate more actively in the global economy.Our global network interconnects more than 1000 telcos, digital and financial partners across 160 countries and delivers smarter data-driven mobile solutions to ensure that no one is left unconnected.
The core of our business is our people. We strive to build diverse, passionate teams in line with our core values – Be Ambitious, Diversity is an Asset, Do the right thing, Work smart and Passion with Purpose.As part of the Database team, you will be primarily responsible for the performance, integrity and security of DTONE databases. Your role will include planning, designing, developing, deploying and troubleshooting issues on DTONE databases.Here are some of the things you will get up to:
- Monitoring database user access and maintaining database security, integrity and availability
- Database design, development, testing, modification and deployment
- Installing and configuring database engines
- Monitoring and managing database server resources
- Managing and controlling database access, security and integrity
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Managing and testing back-up and recovery plans ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
This is what we really need:
- At least 2 years PostgreSQL Database Administration experience with good knowledge of PostgreSQL administration tools, configurations and version control
- 2 – 4 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, principles, and practices
- Proficiency in Linux operating systems and SQL querying rules, standards and practices
- Knowledge of MySQL and Oracle database engines
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology related field required.
We will like you even more if you have the below:
- Ability to present technical materials clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to explore and learn new technologies
- Exhibit strong end-to-end troubleshooting skills for system, network or application
- Team player – Working closely with IT project managers, engineers and technical support staff.
- Positive “can do attitude” with a high energy level required
Our main tech stack consists of PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle and Linux.We can offer you an environment based on learning, transparency, honesty and feedback. You will be challenged to Improve (or innovate new) ways for database design, development, deployment and monitoring.Deployments happen multiple times per day. Our technology is used 24/7 and around the world, it needs to be reliable, secure and scalable (millions of transactions per day).
Click below to apply