Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Ensure all DRC procurements are completed according to procedures at all times, and within the minimum timeframes.
- Ensuring tracking and reporting of all procurement activities through the daily updating of the procurement tracking sheet (PSR), and sharing this with managers and programmers in a timely manner.
- Receive and processing of Procurement Requests.
- Liaise closely with the Country procurement Team and the Finance Officer on ground, as well as the Supply Chain Officer for local procurements.
- Participate in the procurement process, including sourcing for quotations, preparing and dispatch of purchase orders, contracts preparation and administration, negotiations and vendor management.
- Identify potential, credible and competent vendors for DRC to deal with and do town-runs for quick procurements and coordinate DRC procurement functions with vendors and contractors
- Carry out market survey and maintain accurate material price listing on quarterly basis
- Assist in supplier identification, prequalification and registration into DRC data base
- Check completeness of documents before presenting to finance for payment processing
- Expedite orders with vendors to ensure that they are received on time.
- Support in managing the incoming and outgoing stock according to DRC warehousing and stock Management standards.
- Support the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to their specific requirements
- Assist in ensuring all stock movements are documented using DRC documents (GRNs, Waybills, Stock Releases,)
- Ensure all the stock discrepancies/damages are properly documented, investigated and reported to the budget holders and the Supply Chain Officer.
- Assist in assets/inventory tracking and ensure they are tagged and recorded in accordance with DRC regulations.
- Assist in ensuring that assets/inventory is updated in the electronic property register on a monthly basis and that all staff/sectors comply with the laid down procedures regarding property management.
- Ascertain that correct procedures are followed in the disposal of all obsolete and un-repairable property items and conduct an annual inventory of all assets in the field office.
- Ensure that all DRC assets/property are well utilized, maintained/serviced to minimize wastage/losses
- 2 years of experience in humanitarian Logistics/supply chain Management
- Good in networking, and in information sharing with other humanitarian stakeholders
- Accountability to the beneficiaries, the Organization and other stakeholders.
- Appreciation of technology and its importance in programming
- Commitment to continuous Learning
- Able to support all the programmes through well-developed skills and knowledge.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management/Logistics or Procurement.
- HR department
- Finance department
- Contract: Standard contract is 12 months. However, initial contract will run up to December 31st 2019 and will be renewable based on performance and availability of funds. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment.
- Availability: October/November 2019
- Duty station: The position will be based in Dadaab Refugee Camp