Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Monitor Mombasa weekly tea auction and collect related data to be analyzed in order to provide insights.
- Monitor and analyze tea statics regularly and give purchasing forecasts.
- Optimize tea-sourcing strategy with suppliers, ensuring supply meets expectations and forecasted demand for quality, price, and schedule.
- Compiles data and provides insight in order to update supplier projections and track contract positions.
- Identify ongoing risks and opportunities with respect to availability and stability of specific supplies via comprehensive analysis of the tea market.
- Fully responsible of tea suppliers relationship management.
- Monitor and analyze the local market brands and purchases
- Responsible for all tea department cuppings to evaluate quality.
- Responsible for selecting best tea samples in terms of quality of organoleptic basis and price.
- Responsible for overall blending process with ability to construct a blend in accordance with a prescribed recipe and/or specification.
- Understand and exploits the interaction between base blend and additives such as aroma/flavor.
- Able to make necessary changes to a blend if it has not passed the evaluation to ensure it meets the specification.
- Convey specific tea requirements or/and updates to suppliers, addresses their questions and helps them deliver products that meet our requirements within the agreed period.
- Manage tea related documentation and ensure timely data entry into the system.
- Participate in the process of new tea product development.
- Ensure continuity of tea supply and coordinate with supply chain team with respect to volume projections, tea availability, pricing, commitments secured; and managing ramp-ups and discontinuations.
- Coordinate with the suppliers to ensure all the required documents for customs clearance are complete, correct and arrive on time.
- Continuous follow-ups and regular updates of the shipping lines to reduce the tea lead-time.
- Track inventory position, contracts status, financial obligations and overall tea supply chain to ensure receipt of the right teas, correct quantities, arriving fresh and on time to execute production.
- Provide tea expert content to Marketing, Quality, Production and Sales teams as needed.
- Help promote tea quality and brand relevance within the organization.
- Perform continuous improvement measurements related to tea supply chain.
- Make safety a priority at all times for the whole team..
- BA in business or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain, preferably tea, beverages or food.
- Strong discrimination of organoleptic basis.
- Strong prioritization skills; ability to develop, plan, organize and manage multiple tasks within the department and cross-functionally.
- Strong communication, organization, process improvement, and problem-solving skills.
- Interest in and continued development of tea, herb, and beverage knowledge.
- Have a good computer literacy and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting and judgment skills.