Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
People · Professionalism · Partnership
Fulltime | Nairobi, Kenya
Looking for a new challenge?
If you are looking for a challenge in a rapid environment in the aviation services industry and are motivated to work in a multicultural company and a position that allows you to put your ideas into practice, this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
Swissport is recruiting for the position of Maintenance Manager based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Do you believe you have what it takes to support and manage people and resources effectively to enable execution of tight turn-around times as well as stringent service level agreements while maintaining high safety standards. Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position
- To manage the Maintenance Unit according to objectives set
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of Swissport Kenya Ground Support Equipment(GSE). Vehicles and warehouse handling equipment (jointly further referred to as “Equipment’) in accordance with the manufacturers’ manuals and specifications.
- Optimize cost management of all maintenance and repair activities, observing corporate objectives of costs versus availability.
- Support proper and deficient procurement process for spare parts and repairs in conjunction with the Procurement department
- Develop, maintain and ensure execution of maintenance and repair program for Swissport Kenya in line with global standards.
- Ensure proper planning of resources and open jobs using Maximo
- Contribute to the budget process of the Maintenance unit in close cooperation with Finance department.
- Ensure a sufficient fuel stock for GSE and Swissport generator in being kept and that all equipment is fueled timely to guarantee uninterrupted operations.
- Verify all delivery notes / invoices by suppliers and all outsourced repairs.
- Ordering of spare parts from foreign manufacturers in coordination with the Finance & Administration Manager.
- Explore opportunities to provide services to 3rd parties.
- Keep up to date with all local emergency procedures and uphold safety and security policies and procedures.
Professional Qualification and Experience
- Education: University Degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience: 3 years’ Management in similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Good Planner, who pays attention to detail and is a team player
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and CV ONLY outlining your suitability for this opportunity
via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com
clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate it its employment decision on the basis of any protected category.
Closing Date: October 14, 2019