Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BURN is looking for a Director of Engineering whose overall responsibility will be to bring new products through the product development process and launch them into the factory, including design, testing, engineering, process development, and developing/launching new production lines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for launching new products in the factory, including timelines, budgets, and risk analysis in addition to technical aspects.
- Detailed design of new products, including process development, equipment selection, design for manufacturability, durability testing, material selection, etc.
- Design and produce production, assembly, and QC tooling as well as custom factory equipment.
- Oversee initial production of new products.
- Team management of engineers, testing lab, and workshop. Work closely with designers, market research, factory management, quality control.
- Develop SOP’s, WI, specs, tolerances, QA processes and procedures.
- Create and adhere to budgets and timelines.
- Support the factory, including troubleshooting, root cause analysis, equipment startup, and continuous improvement.
- Sheet metal punching and forming
- General machine shop knowledge, including CNC equipment
- Must have launched at least 1 production line
- Must have developed and launched at least 1 consumer product
- Jig and fixture design
- Experience with tool/die or moulds
- Working knowledge of materials, specifically metals and plastics
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The start date is flexible and within Q4 2019.