Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MUST HAVE EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY SKILLS
Job Title : Communications Officer – Sponsorship
Reporting to : Associate Director – Sponsorship
Grade Level : 13
Work Location : National Office
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to operationalize a broad Sponsorship communications, capacity building and engagement function for child sponsors and key global stakeholders to increase the overall influence, income and impact of World Vision Kenya for child well-being. The position will ensure sponsorship marketing and brand guidelines are adhered to and meet World Vision International standards.
Planning and production of Digital media resources (photo and video) for Supporter Engagement (50 %)
- Ensure timely coordination of quality production of digital media resources to meet the sponsorship documentation and marketing needs for potential and existing child sponsors
- Produce high quality, child-focused digital media (photo and/or video) that engages broad audiences and enables supporter transformation, staff engagement and revenue generation.
- Develop and publish digital content for World Vision web and social media platforms that engage audiences.
- Produce rapid information on compelling needs for Partnership communications and marketing during disaster response.
- Maintain a database of all photo and video resources on World Vision’s sponsorship interventions and impact for the sustained well-being of children.
End Results Expected
- Production targets for digital media resources achieved.
- Quality digital media resources for Sponsor marketing and engagement.
- Increased retention and sponsor acquisition
- Updated database of all photo and video resources
Learning and Development, Advisory, Planning and Capacity Building (25%)
- In liaison with the Sponsorship Capacity Building Officer, strengthen the capacity of sponsorship program staff to efficiently deliver quality digital marketing and engagement resources to enhance sponsor experience.
- Provide communications advice and solutions to given communications challenges.
- Monitor and report progress and quality of Sponsorship communications products
- Impart appropriate coaching to Sponsorship staff in order to equip, motivate and empower them to meet or surpass the established Service Operation Indicators (SOIs) in communications and marketing products.
- Support periodic Sponsorship Based Training (SBT 2) Sponsorship 2.0, Sponsorship In Programming (SIP), horizon 3 trainings in the Regions and Clusters so that all staff members are adequately engaged.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure alignment with Partnership Sponsorship standards for photo and video products and that ADPs achieve or surpass Sponsorship Operations Standards
- Increased number of approved Sponsorship 2.0 products – decrease in rejections.
- Improved capacity to utilize digital media equipment and guidelines that contribute to quality productions
- Staff equipped to train other staff to deliver quality sponsorship marketing and engagement products.
Quality Assurance, 20%
- Review photo and video productions for alignment to WVI quality and brand.
- Support identification of story concepts and accompany Support Office, donor or VIP visits to ensure compliance to the Code of Engagement, maximizing positive impact for all stake holders
- Ensure adherence to child and adult safeguarding protocols and Sponsorship standards for the well-being and dignity of children and families participating in marketing and engagement productions
- Provide timely and quality reports as required
End Results Expected
- Enhanced sponsorship experience during Support Office visits.
- Increased adherence to child and adult safeguarding protocols.
- Increased adherence to Sponsorship standards
- Timely reporting of progress
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces
- Participate and lead devotions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or other relevant training from a recognized university or college.
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience in journalism or public relations
- Excellent command in communication- oral and writing skills;
- Must have excellent photography and videography skills.
- Must have proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven experience in social media engagement.
- Past experience working in humanitarian industry or media
- Website and social media management experience.
- Ability to produce video documentaries.
- Experience in capacity building
- Ability to achieve results working in a multi-cultural organization, including leveraging differences and addressing diversity issues for improved team effectiveness
- Demonstrate creativity and embrace innovation in the work environment to improve and evolve processes
- Team player, ability to work with diverse teams and build relationships internally and externally
Additional work experienceExperience in the following:
- Web design
- MS Office
- Knowledge and experience of Desk Top Publishing packages like Quark Xpress and Adobe Page Maker.
- Video production
- Experience in capacity building