Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at an advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position of:
Continuous Practice Educator
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Director of Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of safe and quality patient care through evidence based clinical practice and nurses’ professional growth and development
- Develop and maintain effective networks both internal and external to improve nursing practice
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for nurses and maintain a database of nursing licensure, mandatory certification and job descriptions
- Manage and Monitor Nursing Division affiliation with professional bodies, health facilities and training schools
- Evaluate implementation and effectiveness of training programs on an ongoing basis and communicates variance to nurse leaders
- Develop Nursing Care standards, policies and procedures and designs relevant tools for use at unit level
- In collaboration with the Nursing Education Services Manager, foster development of nurses to maximum potential through providing educational/training opportunities and exposure to appropriate learning forums.
- Manage clinical placement for local and international nursing students and nurses seeking clinical placement
- Maintain a database of division wide key performance indicators and communicates variances in a timely manner
- Participate in identification of continuous quality improvement projects (CQI)
- Actively participates in nursing quality audits and follow up audit recommendations with corrective and preventive actions
- Conducts spot-checks to assess compliance with established policies, guidelines and protocols.
- Reinforces compliance with all hospital and nursing division care standards, policies and procedures
- Responsible for orientation of new nursing staff
- Work closely with nurses to conduct regular skill checks to identify their training/learning needs, and designs individual training programs
- Design a plan for continuing unit based learning and works with the nurse in-charge to ensure participation of all nurses
- Use clinical incidences as learning opportunities for nurses and with them plans corrective and preventive actions
- Maintains records of all learning activities for the unit and individual nurse’s participation
- Designs methods to motivate nurses to pursue individual professional growth and development.
- Sensitize and perform audits and spot checks in relation to ISO/ JCIA audits
- Verification of Quality measures by Nurse In-charges
- Participate in Quality and patient safety activities in the hospital
- Participate in formulation of policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols
- Lead staff in ensuring compliance to standards, polices and regulatory requirement
- Continuously initiates innovative and evidence based strategies to improve quality of patient care.
- Designs proactive and innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction
- Monitor staff and client satisfaction with services in assigned during the shift and takes appropriate action to close gaps
- Responds to client complaints in a timely manner by solving the problems or escalating to the appropriate persons
- Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in BLS
- At least 3 years experience in managerial position and a good clinical experience
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 28th October 2019.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.