Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project is a Government of Kenya Project funded and implemented in collaboration with the World Bank. The project aims at increasing employment and earnings opportunities for targeted youths by providing training, business financing and relevant labor market information. The main beneficiaries of the proposed project will be youth between 18 and 29 years of age, who are without jobs and have experienced extended spells of unemployment or who are currently working in vulnerable jobs. The level of education of targeted beneficiaries will be up to Form 4. At the same time the project will support catalytic interventions for job creators who will in turn create jobs for the primary beneficiaries.
The project comprises the following components:
1. Improving youth employability
2. Support for job creation
3. Improving labour market information
4. Strengthening youth policy development and project management
Component 2, which will be jointly implemented by the Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA) and MPSYGA, will address key constraints and market failures that limit the demand for youth employment and their productivity once in employment.
Sub-component 2.1 supports employment and earnings generation among urban and rural youth by financing business start-up grants and relevant business development services (BDS).
(b) Main Function
The Interns will assist County Enterprise Development Officers the implementation sub component 2 activities under KYEOP.
(c) Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities for the Interns will include:
1. Coordinate implementation of KYEOP programmes in the County.
2. Monitor, evaluate and report KYEOP activities in the County.
3. Organise KYEOP activities in the County.
4. Offer any other technical support and operational assistance as may be required.
(e) Minimum Qualifications and experience
· A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Management, Entrepreneurship or any other related field.
· Should be above 35 years old.
· Have excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail.
· Self-motivated, energetic, and extremely organized.
· Manages time and priorities efficiently, shows enthusiasm, and allows for flexibility.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher).
· Proficiency in Local language(s) and understanding of local culture will be an added advantage.
Location/Positions: Wajir(1) ,Kwale(1),
(f) Reporting requirements,
The Interns will report to County Enterprise Development Officers.
g) Duration of Assignment
This will be a six months contract renewable based on performance and availability of project financing. The expected commencement date is November, 2019.
All applications should either be sent through the post office, hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 21st October, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823 – 00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification