Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 16 days left to apply for this job.
Access Afya is an innovative primary health company that is designing sustainable access to healthcare for the global mass market. The company runs a chain of low-cost, quality assured micro-clinics and retail pharmacies, and also works extensively on field-based health programs to further decentralize and make accessible simple healthcare such as screening. Access Afya clinics, pharmacies and field programs have completed over 100,000 visits, have over 50 people on the team, and use over a dozen different information technology solutions to manage information, lower cost of care, control quality and communicate with patients.
We are looking for a Head of Product
To help us improve the experiences of our team and our patients. You will work on multiple projects to improve the clinic experience, and your work will directly play a role in shaping the future of services in low-cost healthcare for the informal sector.
We are looking for someone who can combine empathy and a design thinking approach to technology implementation with process mapping, attention to detail and an eye for effective implementation. A key element of this role is to ensure that technology products are living and breathing within Access Afya, including overseeing smooth rollouts, training and feedback sessions, and product and system review cycles.
Your work will be cross-cutting through an organization of more than 55 people. Our tech team is small but mighty, and has skills in informatics and software development, and includes an IT support role for our clinic teams. You’ll be reporting directly to the management team, who is committed to making these projects successful.
Examples of the projects you will be leading include improving patient experiences in clinics and using technology to create high scale operational platforms
We want to you engage with us in the following ways:
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and define opportunities to better tech-enable our operations.
- Support successful technology implementation through coordinating
various stakeholders (e.g. operational teams, product users, finance,
patients and developers).
- Develop process maps to clearly communicate and visualize the impact of automation and new systems/ devices on operations.
- Call out important trade-offs that need to be considered, such as financial costs, time costs, or loss of data points.
- Conduct qualitative research using human centered/ participatory
design. Be ready to spend significant time on the front lines of Access
Afya Health service delivery in micro-clinics and field programs in
Nairobi’s informal settlements.
- Research technical solutions and industry trends to inform service design and development.
- Lead a technology task force that engages a diverse set of team members from technology, operations and management.
- Create design concepts and testing plans for validation.
- Ensure post-implementation success, working with cross-functional
teams to incorporate new service design and systems into AA Health
- Assist the AA Health and Operations teams in developing technical
requirements for new systems needed to improve service and user
- Flexible! Ready to work in a dynamic and tough environment.
- Genuinely interested in improving patients’ lives and changing how healthcare is
- Ready to dive in and learn about how we deliver healthcare, our tools, processes, people and our culture.
- Willing to lead and teach others about the service design process.
- Able to advocate for a plan, and able to communicate to leadership the budget/ time/ human resource requirements for success.
- A self-starter who can drive projects and teams, and thrive with minimal
- Able to operate effectively under uncertainty and with many moving variables.
- Budget savvy and ready to dive into service improvement for low-resource communities.
- Experience mapping business processes and analyzing the impact of
new technologies on a business (operations, finance and user experience)
- Experience in core service design methods and processes and depth of
experience in at least one practice area (user experience, design
research, service design, design strategy).
- Experience leading/ working in all phases of the design process (thinking and making).
Logistics:- This position is based in Nairobi at Access Afya HQ
with visits to field operations. We cultivate a flexible work
environment full of mission driven people. We are open to helping the
right candidate relocate to Nairobi for the duration of the work.
To Apply: If this sounds exciting and you have the experience we need. Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 case studies of your work.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file – the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself