Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title Administrative Assistant
2 Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS)
Activity is part of Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year cooperative agreement (KCDMS Activity) to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
The administrative assistant coordinates all administrative procedures of KCDMS Nairobi Office. S/he communicates with and supports the project by working closely with the operations manager. S/he maintains regular contact with staff in the Nairobi office to ensure that the project receives support in the specific functional areas of the role. S/he is aware of procurement and administrative procedures in all activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate teams’ travel with accredited flight agencies, car rental companies, hotels and other suppliers.
- Coordinate with courier companies for delivery of parcels.
- Provide administrative support to COP and DCOP.
- Handle logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops i.e., preparation of training materials, request for workshop supplies, arrangement of travel and accommodation of participants, participant attendance sheets as applicable and necessary.
- Custodian of staff asset list.
- General office management – management of stewards, ensuring all office utilities are paid in good time, monitoring and replenishing all office consumables e.g. stationery, kitchen items, water, milk etc.
- Asset management: includes tagging of assets, preparation/updating of custody control lists; allocation of assets to staff, organizing for repairs; conduct cycle inventory reconciliation and conduct planned inventory exercise and maintain an updated asset and inventory records (RTI Asset Management System) for KCDMS Activity.
- Establish and maintain an efficient filing system of operations and admin documents specific to the project according to the established filing system of the Project.
- Coordinate the timely processing of vendor/supplier payments and other transactions with finance.
- Requesting and processing of staff business cards.
- Request for security badges and following up with regional office on the same.
- Assist and collaborate with field administrative assistants.
- Guides and coordinate office cleaning with the stewards.
- Support in boardroom booking.
- Procurement and custody of office and kitchen supplies and utilities.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the operations manager.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in administration/Office Management and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts