Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and perform numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing, handling visitors, routing callers, and answering questions and requests related to the Executive Office.
The job manages the Office of the Secretary General by planning, coordinating, project and budget management, time management, establishing priorities, multi-cultural relationship management in an agile and responsive manner to maintain the respect and dignity of the office as the global face of the organization as well as confidentiality.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Secretary General and Senior Management Team;
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationship with all National Executive Council Directors;
- Effectively follow up mechanisms adopted with management to ensure action points are completed with a number of reminders via emails/calls;
- Respond to emails on behalf of the Secretary General providing the information requested for; Review and summarize reports and documents and prepare background documents;
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner;
- Responsible for electronic calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives/their assistants as well as consultants, partners and donors to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings;
- Act as the point of contact person for various VIP bodies who work in liaison with KRCS to respond to cross-cutting inquiries whilst observing appropriate internal protocol that comes with risks;
- Prepare Board, Senior Management Team (SMT) and Executive Committee (ExCom) minutes extracts for the SG’s circulation to SMT and Executive Committee (ExCom);
- Record and produce accurate minutes of the meetings within the timeframe provided in the SMT Charter;
- Convene monthly SMT meetings on behalf of the SG at HQ, draw up the agenda, liaise with SMT members from HQ, and filed offices for additional agenda items, finalise and share with everyone;
- Source for meeting documents, prepare and present them in the meeting, record the proceedings in the meeting, produce minutes, table them in the meeting
- Supervisory responsibility for the reception, messenger/Rider and Registry.
- Plan and organize mid-year and end year performance management appraisals for all SG’s reportees; and
- Mentor and support other Personal Assistants within the Society.
- Undertake any other duty as may be assigned by the SG i.e. support to shared services and programmes
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Diploma in Business Management/Administration.
- Minimum of three (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge of windows and Microsoft applications; Excel Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to write complex reports.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time and multiple commitments.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct
- Positive attitude and strong orientation toward team work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization, Formal presentation.
- Analytical skills.
- Business acumen
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Wednesday, 23rd October 2019 close of business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.