Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Work with the Principal to articulate a compelling short- and long-term vision for the development of the school’s culture and program
- Set and model a consistent tone of highest expectations, joy, and growth mindset
- Lead key school rituals as needed to model and ingrain culture
- Quickly identify and respond to classroom/school culture or behavior issues
- Serve as hiring manager for all instructional staff hires
- Coach teachers through extensive observation and feedback
- Supervise all professional development routines and activities across the school
- Facilitate collaboration among teachers within/across grade levels and subject areas
- Collect, analyze, share and interpret internal and external school assessment data and ensure that data is used strategically to improve student academic performance.
- Oversee planning, execution and analysis of intervention programs targeted at needs of diverse academic subgroups, whether remedial or enrichment.
- You have 4+ years of experience in a rigorous, high-expectations school setting including at least one instructional leadership role (e.g., department chair, grade level lead, teacher coach, etc.)
- You are widely recognized as a highly effective teacher and can model what great, inquiry-based teaching looks like
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching and build uncommonly strong relationships
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious
- You are driven by data and know how to use data from student assessments to strengthen and differentiate student learning
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback
- You have a desire to further develop your learning design skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth