Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Chef for our Eldoret and Athi Campus. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life.
Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from Pre-primary through Secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here.
Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
As a Chef, you will be responsible for running an efficient kitchen producing a diversity of menus and good, nutritional food for our students, take the role of duty cook as required which involves taking charge of the kitchen work within an agreed food budget and maintain kitchen safety and hygiene.
Your role will be based in our 2nd Campus, a girls-only secondary school in Tatu City
Reports To: Head Chef
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm, and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
How will your a typical Week at Nova Look Like?
- Preparation of menus relevant to a school setting
- Ensuring the correct storage and disposal of foodstuffs
- Participating in any training offered to the kitchen staff
- Preparation and cooking of food for our students.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy kitchen.
- Ensuring the maintenance of kitchen equipment and report any breakdown.
- Ensuring kitchen security at all times.
- Adhering to all policies
Health and Safety at Work
Environmental Health Regulations
- Organising staffing rosters for kitchen staff
- Handling any additional duties delegated to you
Who you are
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are able to work well and meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You are energetic and passionate about cooking
- You are a graduate in Hotel and Hospitality management from a recognized institution of higher learning. This is preferred but not compulsory.
- You have a diploma in food and beverage production.
- You have exposure to any related chef training. This is preferred but not compulsory
- You have exposure to 1-2 solid internships with well-recognized companies and perhaps 1 full-time role in a managerial position.
- You have I-3 years experience in a busy organization, preferably in a school
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Click below to apply