Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Heads of Community Engagement and Surveillance.
- Manage a budget for the training activities.
- Develop an annual CPD plan for FWs and relevant interface staff in consultation with study coordinators, FW supervisors/Managers and PIs, and Head of Surveillance
- In collaboration with other Programme trainers, lead the development/updating of Programme FWs training curricula for Basic and Refresher trainings.
- Coordinate and implement participatory training courses across programme for these groups, including proactive communication with PIs/project managers/study coordinators
- Identify and manage a Programme training team (CLG and others), including ensuring the trainers are up-to-date with latest training skills.
- Manage an annual budget for Programme FWs/Interface staff training activities.
- Continuously assess training needs of field staff and discuss these needs with the PIs/project managers or coordinators in consultation with the Head of Surveillance.
- Organize training materials and all logistics related to trainings/ training meetings.
- Participate in the CLG team’s strategic work planning and goal setting to include training activities.
- Support in monitoring and evaluation of training activities.
- Together with the Head of Surveillance, support supervisors in development of supervision tools to ensure quality field work.
- Document and report all training activities.
- Support the CLM in developing and implementing training activities for relevant community groups, including KEMRI Community Representatives
- Support in the development/updating/amending of training guides and training curricula for community representatives.
- Undertake Research review and governance support activities including participating in activities of the Communications and Consent Committee (CCC), reviewing and translating information and consent forms and advising on language of the same.
- Participate in Study specific engagement activities including CAST meetings to identify study specific training needs, and support in bridging identified skills/knowledge gaps among study staff.
- Support development of SOPs and information, education and communication (IEC) materials used to communicate study and research/KWTRP activities.
- Support other community engagement activities as needed
- Supervise other community/public engagement staff, and attachment students as may be needed.
- Any other relevant duties as guided by supervisors.
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Social Science, Community Development, Project Planning, or other relevant areas of study.
- Must have proven Training of Trainer skills, with at least 3 years of active training activities.
- Knowledge of Research Ethics, Good Clinical Practice, an added advantage.
- Training on Communication and Consenting an added advantage.
- Experience in planning management and evaluation of training using participatory approaches
- Experience in developing training guides and manuals
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to facilitate large and small meetings
- Ability to work independently as well as supporting team activities
- Ability to network with other stakeholders
- Must be computer literate
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships among project staff and the public
- Experience of working in Kilifi is an added advantage
- Knowledge of local language and culture is an added advantage.
- High levels of personal integrity, particularly in relation to confidentiality required in a health research context