Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficient through effective tax revenue mobilization. KRA is seeking result-oriented, self-driven individuals of high integrity to fill the position of Deputy Commissioner – Legal Services.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
• Lead pre-litigation processes between KRA and other parties and guide the preparation of Memoranda of Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Interpret relevant legislation and advise management and relevant departments on changes in Law.
• Make legislative proposals on amendments of fiscal laws.
• Monitor post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue departments.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
• A Postgraduate diploma in Law.
• Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
• Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
• Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
• At least seven (7) years post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice.
• At least three (3) of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organisation.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
• Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
• Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
• Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills
• Resilient, focused and results oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website (www.kra.go.ke)
for more detailed job descriptions for the roles.
All applications from qualified candidates must be submitted online. The application process is on the Careers page on the KRA website.
1. Closing date for applications is 31st October, 2019.
2. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
3. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
4. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
5. KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Click below to apply