Madrasa Early Childhood Development Programme, Kenya (MECP-K)
Location: Kisumu & Kisii Counties
Time frame: January – February 2020 (12 working days)
About Madrasa Early Childhood Programme
The Madrasa Early Childhood Development Programme, Kenya (MECP-K), an affiliate of Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa was established in 1986. MECP-K is implementing a project titled “*Scaling-Up Affordable, Quality, and Contextually Relevant Pre-school Provision in Kenya”* in 200 ECDE centres in Kisumu and Kisii Counties. MECP-K will be undertaking a comprehensive and participatory child assessment of girls and boys who have transitioned to grade one. The study will involve the collection of data from grade one children focusing on the following domains; receptive and expressive language, socio-emotional development, gross and fine motor skills, and cognitive function.
MECP-K is seeking dynamic and qualified individuals for enumerator positions to support in data collection for this study in Kisumu and Kisii counties.
- Collect data using child-friendly methodologies and approaches with sampled girls and boys in select primary schools.
- Accurately collect data using digital devices (Tablets).
- Review the collected data with the field supervisor at the end of every day before uploading to the server.
- Participate in process review meetings from time to time as advised by the Study Supervisor during data collection.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least Diploma level training in social sciences (preferably Education) or any related field from reputable institution.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection that involved working with children.
- Ability to travel to various ECDE centres within the counties.
- Experience using Android based tablets or Smartphones (past use of mobile based data collection applications will be an added advantage).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili. Proficiency in local languages is also required.
- Highly organized, capable of handling multiple priorities and managing time effectively
- Skills in effective adult child interaction.
The key deliverables will include;
- Collection of data and uploading to the server
- Submit field notes on the process of data collection including any important observations and challenges during data collection **
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a copy of resume and cover letter outlining contact details, previous experience on studies involved in and confirmation of your availability between January and February 2020.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than November 6th, 2019,
with the email subject line of “TTS Child Assessment Enumerator Application
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“MECP-K is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare *of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Successful applicants will be required to adhere to these commitments.”*
Madrasa Early Childhood Programme – Kenya
P.O. Box 42409 – 80100 Mombasa
Tel: (254 41) 2221797/ 2222172