Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Managing the shelter’s finances, operations and staff
- Take a leading role in network and partnership building through cooperating with the existing and expected partners / stakeholders and running workshops as well as activities
- Support engagement with partners collaborations and partnerships
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- Support in fundraising and proposal development activities
- Resource mobilization, liaisons and networking
- Keeping track of budgets, cash forecasts, petty cash and other financial issues in consultation with the management
- Controlling costs, and in particular is responsible for ensuring costs of items; utilities and shelter maintenance are kept at the minimum, through involvement in the procurement process.
- Continuously review food preparation and storage systems to ensure better hygiene is maintained in order to ensure residents’ health is not jeopardized
- Ensuring the inventory system is up-to-date and monitor the receipt, issue and recording of all food/non-food items
- Supervising the log of all facilities and equipment maintenance work done on the property
- Inspecting food storage, preparation and related areas to ensure these areas are maintained in proper sanitary conditions
- Ensuring residents’ safety and security, proper maintenance of the shelter and the compound at all times
- Ensuring that the security officers adhere to all standard operating procedures.
- Promoting peaceful co-existence of residents and staff and ensuring all reported incidents are dealt with according to the official rules and regulations
- Devising and implementing shift rotas for staff
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time
- Diploma or degree in social sciences, project management or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in development sector
- Excellent writing and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience in resource mobilization an added advantage
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with government departments and NGOs
- Experience in operational planning and management
- Computer literacy