Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Reports to: Manager – Health and Nutrition
Direct reports: None
Job Location: Lokichar, Turkana South
Contract Details: Fixed Term Contract – 4 Months
Salary: Salary of the Pay Grade – Kes 99,917 p.m
Medical Cover (Staff only)
Personal Accident Cover
To provide technical leadership, guidance and training on IMAM surge as well as providing hands on support to Ministry of Health (MoH), and partners to enhance their capacity and skills in the rollout of IMAM surge in Turkana County.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support to MoH through structured OJT/mentorship on rollout of IMAM surge at the health facilities;
· Provide technical support to partners in the monitoring of the implementation of IMAM surge, ensuring the facilities are updating the wall charts as well as sub-county monitoring the situation through the IMAM surge dashboard.
· Ensure that partners implement the IMAM surge work plans as agreed.
· Work closely with the Sub-county Public Health Nurse, Sub-county Nutrition Officer, Public Health Officers and the hospital nutritionist in developing and implementation of monthly work plans for the Sub-county;
· Liaise closely with MoH at County and Sub-county level to promote ownership and integration of IMAM surge into MoH systems including the development of a concrete plan of action for surge roll out at the health facilities;
· Ensure programme quality control through implementation of monthly and quarterly M&E;
· Work closely with the project manager in monitoring the nutrition situation in Concern areas of work;
· Assist in writing of programme internal and donor reports.
· Support project documentation to generate lesson learning as well as case studies;
· Participate in coordination of nutrition as well as technical support in nutrition assessments to determine the nutrition situation of the target population;
· Writing of monthly reports and briefs as well as quarterly reports;
· Attend and adequately represent Concern in Sub-county meetings/fora e.g. Sub-county Steering Group(DSG), Sub-county Nutrition Coordination meeting among others as may be required;
· Together with MOH and other partners involved in delivery of nutrition services in the Sub-county, conduct joint monthly Support Supervision visits;
· Work closely with the UNICEF and WFP contact staff to ensure that all health facilities have adequate supplies of therapeutic commodities at all time;
· Concern’s program liaison person for Turkana office.
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Code of Conduct & Associated Policies:
· To adhere to, support and promote the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
A degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or in Nursing with solid experience/background in Nutrition with KNDI professional certification
· At least two (2) years’ experience in Health and Nutrition programming in both a development and emergency context.
· Knowledge and experience in the implementation of the IMAM surge approach.
· Experience and knowledge of MOH systems, particularly at County and sub county level.
· Good understanding of cross cutting issues- gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health and nutrition programmes.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
· Proficient in Computer applications
· Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Disclaimer: This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV
and Cover Letter only
with the subject of the email as ‘Officer – Health and Nutrition, ELMA Project
. The closing date for applications is Friday, 1st November, 2019.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.