Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) is looking for a programme assistant to join its Southern Africa & Indian Ocean Country Office based in Nairobi. The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Humanitarian Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
- Duties & Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will be based in Nairobi and will assist ECHO’s Technical Assistant, in-charge of Southern Africa & Indian Ocean region (SAIO) and the Programme Officer, to provide high quality technical support, analysis and advice to ECHO funded projects in the SAIO. The PA will be required to travel throughout the SAIO on a regular basis and for extended periods as needed. The Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following main tasks:
- Situation assessments;
- Analysis and appraisal of ECHO partners’ proposals;
- Regular monitoring of project implementation
- Evaluation and coordination of projects;
- Reporting and programme administration;
- Liaising with partners in a consultative and advisory capacity.
- Required Qualifications
- Have a relevant first level university degree or equivalent work experience of 5 years ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations, including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO’s, donor or national/international organisation. If the candidate does not have a relevant university degree, ten years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector will be required;
- Required Skills
- Have thorough knowledge and experience of the Logical Framework Approach and Project Cycle Management;
- Fluent written and spoken English is required. Candidates with a working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese language will be highly considered;
- Personal initiative; ability to work both independently and in a team, with ability to set priorities, and to work to tight deadlines;
- Commitment, determination, reliability, a high degree of personal integrity and discretion;
- Diplomatic skill with capacity to deal effectively with various institutions;
- Ability to analyze & process complex information; ability to clearly & concisely convey information to others with excellent drafting skills in English. Proficient IT skills – Excel, Word and Internet required.
- How to apply
The position is open to all Kenyan nationals and other residents holding a valid working permit or able to obtain such working permit before the foreseen recruitment date.Download the terms of reference here📷tor_pa_saio.pdf
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, should be uploaded through http://uhired.me/job/347 (link is external) until 17/11/2019 midnight Local Time Nairobi at the latest. The vacancy reference “REF: PA –SAIO” must be clearly indicated in the subject line. DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunity. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
For information, the employment conditions that could be proposed includes an initial engagement of one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 6 months’ probationary period. As an indication, the monthly basic salary is approximately KES 296,175 (subject to local tax law) which corresponds to 5 years relevant work experience. (The salary will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by a work certificate.)
In addition to this, the employee will also receive disability/retirement allowance, 13th month salary as well as a medical coverage. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 20/12/2019 should consider that they have not been selected. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
Click below to apply