Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Req Id 61610 – Posted 10/09/2019 – Kenya – International Development Division
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research,
technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded
Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S.
President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an
integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the
burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS)
for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering
the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide
programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and
continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and
capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt
also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as
well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Finance & Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of administrative support for the VC TO1 Project in country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets and annual workplans
- Prepare accurate financial reports, and monthly cash fund’s request in close coordination with senior project staff
- Prepare annual site office revenue projections and update budget tracker forecast on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures
- Support the startup, general operations, and closedown of the IRS program
- Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the country program, providing guidance, training and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel
- Supervise and coach the project Accountant, Finance Assistants and other Administrative staff
- Conduct a financial brown bag on a quarterly basis to build the financial capacity of technical and operations personnel on different financial topics including compliance, travel, budgeting, forecasting and procurement
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities and develop/recommned cost cutting and compliant strategies to implement the project with less resources
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office
- Serve as the project’s contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements
- Develop and implement a payment system for seasonal spray operators and community mobilizers
- Develop and implement systems to streamline financial practices and procedures
- Supervise and mentor a staff of four full-time employees: one (1) project accountant, one (1) office manager and two (2) finance and admin assistants. Oversee seasonal staff of approximately 20 positions responsible for managing payments to thousands of IRS seasonal workers and hundreds of vendors
- Inform and maintain project FCA at Headquarters updated on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project
- Perform random audits of inventory to make sure inventory reports prepared by operations team are always accurate and up to date
- Oversee Human Resource activities affecting the project including but not limited to the hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes affecting current and former site office personnel
- Travel to Kisumu, Migori and Homa Bay where project activities are being carried out; Months leading up, during and after the campaign, manager may be located in field to support project activities
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Business , Administration, or other relevant field
- At least six (6) years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-finded projects
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable
- Fluency in English
- (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.