Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- • Assist in writing the M&E quarterly reports.
- • Assist in project evaluations and research activities.
- • Keep abreast of latest trends in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- • Produce analytical products with high quality data visualization
- • Provide technical support to County and Sub-county M&E officers and Health and Records Information Officers (HRIOs)
- • Support the design, review and roll-out of robust M&E systems that will assure real-time quality project data from facility level
- • Oversee the designing, development and use of data capture tools and user guides to meet project requirements with a view to minimizing the data collection and reporting burden for implementing partners.
- • Oversee the development of necessary documentation and provide support to all project and implementing partner staff to understand project reporting requirements and indicator definitions
- • Support Data Manager and Systems Developer in implementation of project health management information systems and databases.
- • Ensure the development and manage implementation of a functional data quality assurance system at project and implementing partner level with regular reports for the M& E Director.
- • Monitor use of data quality assessments tools by project and implementing partner staff
- • Provides assistance to Technical teams to develop data analysis and use plans
- • Assists in data analysis (routine and adhoc) and interpretation using various statistical and database packages and appropriate presentation formats
- • Under guidance of Director M&E develop/review Standard Operating Procedures for M&E Officers for field visits and Technical Assistance to implementing partners
- • Monitor use of standard operating procedures for field visits by M&E Officers and document the process and support timely site level data capturing and provide trouble-shooting where required.
- • Monitor quality of data and assist in developing data quality products such as bulletins, reports
- • Conduct routine data quality assessments on program data bases and provide ongoing support to implementing partners to do the same
- • Train and mentor implementing partner and MOH staff in specific M&E processes and tools. Build the capacity of project and partner staff in Monitoring & Evaluation and national HMIS
- • Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Project Director.
- • Experience in capacity building of partners in monitoring and evaluation
- • Extensive knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR/GOK reporting systems and requirements
- • Good planning, coordination and organizational skills
- • Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners including the MOH
- • Knowledge of standards, desirable outcomes or SOPs in HIV/AIDS programs is an added advantage
- • Experience supporting development of M&E systems for donor funded projects
- • Understanding of PEPFER MER indicators and reporting requirements and timelines (DATIM and HFR)
- • Design and implementation of data quality processes including protocols
- • Experience using DHIS 2, Power BI, IQCare, Kenya EMR, Afya Mobile, and other applications used to support health management information systems
- • Data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative using appropriate data analysis tools
- • Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- • Takes initiative and able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- • Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- • High level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
- • Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
- • Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- • Proportion of individual workplan achieved by the end of the reporting period 95%
- • Proportion of supported facilities with complete and timely reports 100%
- • Proportion of sites achieving >80% (Green and Dark Green) score in data related program area during SIMS visit conducted by the donor 95%
- • Percentage data concurrence during site level data quality assessment – >95%
- • Proportion of facilities scoring more than 95% concurrence on all indicators during scheduled data quality assurance – >95%
- • Master’s degree in Demography, Public health, Bio statistics or a related field with at least 5-7 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of USAID funded or HIV/AIDS projects or a BA/BSc with 7-9 years of experience.
- • Experience in data management and knowledge in best practices in data management.
- • Experience in planning and implementing surveys is an added advantage.
- • Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and Ms Access. Demonstrated experience with National Health Management Information Systems and electronic medical records system.
- • Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings.