Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Agribusiness & Inputs Advisor East & Southern Africa
- Provide technical leadership and support to the development and implementation of agribusiness and input sector market development activities;
- Liaise and work closely with private sector companies, service providers (including ICT, finance, etc.), industry associations, development partners, Ministries of Agriculture, government agencies and stakeholders in the region and serve as a key point of contact in agribusiness and input market activities;
- Maintain an active and dynamic policy dialogue with the above-mentioned entities to facilitate technical discussions, brokering/partnering in agribusiness and input sectors;
- Stimulating private agribusiness and input sector by brokering partnerships between actors in the value chain; strengthen stakeholder business and management skills and providing targeted training and coaching to nurture business relationship and trust;
- Coordinate meetings on key issues related to agribusiness and input market development including related sectors such as access to finance, ICT, etc.;
- Be responsible for agribusiness and input market working group/platform meetings (preparation, reporting and following up recommendations)
- Provide support in the development of new business related to agribusiness and input market issues. Activities may include the development of concept notes and technical inputs into proposal development;
- Participating in and conducting training programs and other capacity building activities related to agribusiness and inputs;
- Provide support in other areas of work and undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Director and BFS-Program coordinator/Program Leads.
- This position requires broad agribusiness and input sector development skills including finance, brokering/partnerships, coaching and the ability to lead and participate in the implementation of projects associated with agriculture development;
- Knowledge and understanding of economic, market, agriculture, and fertilizer and agricultural input conditions in East & Southern Africa;
- Knowledge of agribusiness and input sectors actors and market dynamics, knowledge of international development agencies, government ministries and agencies, and donors;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholders from smallholder farmers to service providers to entrepreneurs of all sizes as well as policy makers;
- Proven experience and skills in project management, planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
- Superior level of resourcefulness and the ability to work independently, manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously, and to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with a multi-disciplinary team, development partners, local communities and government agencies in East & Southern Africa;
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed;
- A Master’s Degree in economics, finance, agribusiness, public policy, business administration, or international affairs and 5-7 years’ experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience