Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring health services and life-saving products to people’s doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well-baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also transform community health through mobile phones. We train community health workers to assess the health of mothers and children with mobile phone apps and to give women basic RMNCH health education including encouraging them to take up family planning. We work to ensure We also create predictive algorithms to make the best use of their time. And we test cool new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
- Adhere to the stipulated guidelines. You will visit sampled respondents and conduct interviews with these respondents.
- Measure what matters. You will collect health data from households. You will record the responses from respondents as instructed.
- Upload data. You will upload data on daily basis and as directed by your supervisor.
- Comply with research ethics. You will comply with the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview.
- Educational background. You have a degree/diploma in community health, public health, nursing, clinical medicine, or any other health-related course. Training in RMNCH will be an added advantage.
- Experience. You have more than 1-year experience working in the health sector preferably in community health. You have at least 6 months of doing research work more specifically in data collection. Experience working with a research firm or research organization with an NGO set up will be an added advantage. You have worked with digital data collection applications such as ODK, Survey CTO & RedCap.
- Residence. You reside in Isiolo county and are conversant with the local language and culture.
- Results driven. You are keen on data quality. You should be able to deliver results under pressure.
- Communication. Can talk to respondents clearly and respectfully. Explains questions in a way that the respondents can understand.
- Fitness. You are physically fit and ready to do fieldwork as the job entails moving from household to household to collect data.
- Flexibility. You’re able to cope with change and unpredictability.
- Team player. You work well with others and enjoy seeing the impact of teamwork.
- Be based in Isiolo county in either Garbatulla, Isiolo and Merti sub counties.
- Should be able to commit 4 full weeks for the exercise.
- Experience in utilizing digital data collection applications and also possess the ability to master new technology tools as required.
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines and managing time effectively.
- Familiarity with the use of an Android tablet or smart phone.
- Willing to work in Isiolo County.
- Outstanding communication, writing, and research skills.
- Confidence and can-do attitude; ability to advance projects with minimal supervision.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.