Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract type: National employment contract
- Strategic Leadership: provide strategic direction to the Sector in terms of content and leadership to optimize development results and resource mobilization;
- Business Development: identify opportunities to mobilize financial resources for the Sector in Kenya and Burundi, develop proposals and secure funding for agriculture projects. This includes both traditional grant funding, as well as emerging opportunities in private sector, climate finance and impact investment financing;
- Programme Management: manage a proportion of projects directly as you oversee the delivery of effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting of all projects in the Sector;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV project managers, advisors, and local and international consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practices in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of agriculture projects in line with SNV’s internal frameworks and donor/customer requirements;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with national and international stakeholders (donors, government of Kenya and Burundi, civil society/NGOs and private sector) to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Evidence Based Advocacy: Utilizing evidence from SNV project case studies to influence improved enabling policy environment for an inclusive market driven agriculture sector, at county and national level.
- Facilitate learning, documentation and evidence-based knowledge development and sharing in collaboration with SNV’s global team and partners;
- Contribute to SNV Kenya’s management as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience, including international experience as consultant/advisor for private and/or development organization on programmatic business development, preferably in Africa;
- Proven track record in resource mobilization and/or programmatic business development;
- Proven track record of working with markets systems approaches in agriculture sector
- Strong emphasis with policy advocacy and proven experience in working with civil society organizations;
- Experienced networker and relationship manager, especially with donors and partners;
- Experience in (leading) proposal writing and preparation of project documents;
- Experience in analyzing/implementing value chain approaches in the Agriculture Sector;
- Experience in leading, managing and coaching a team of project managers or advisers;
- Proven project management experience to support sector leadership;
- Proven capacity in linking local productive initiatives with international best practices.
- Strong negotiation skills, leadership, team spirit and results orientation
- Entrepreneurial skills and attitude, initiative taking, networking
- Client – and team-oriented attitude
- Creative, communicative and proactive personality
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills in English
- Strong computer skills