Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Assistant Caretaker for our Eldoret Campus.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the role:
- To maintain the buildings to a high standard for learning and working condition.
- General maintenance and minor repair work including doors, windows, toilet seats and flushes, furniture, tap washers, mirror, some painting of doors, and walls, etc.
- Take immediate action directly when urgent attention is needed to inform the Operations Associate of any campus property issues
- Check for security/access routes/etc. as part of the warrant of fitness requirements every day
- Conduct regular safety/maintenance checks to the premises to be conducted as per the relevant schedule
- Preparation/set up of facilities on campus for events/functions as required
- Ensure all rooms (classrooms workspace, washrooms, and offices) are locked.
- To maintain the grounds to a high standard for learning and working environment.
- Work in conjunction with landscaping in ensuring regular basic gardening is maintained neat and tidy.
- Keeping concrete hard surfaces clean and free of dust, dirt, slippery floor.
- Water blasting hard surfaces to keep them clean and maintained throughout.
- Make safe any hazards and ensure that the area is cordoned off.
- Coordinate with the Operations associate in case of insects like mosquitoes, and snakes for pest control/fumigation exercise.
- Receive and check toiletries goods/supplies and distribute them to the appropriate place for storage/use etc.
- Management of the property supplies and equipment across the campus that includes the storage shed
- Ensure grounds equipment is kept clean, secure and always in a safe ready state
- Keep and file the documents well for future reference. e.g. invoices
- Manage the property well and avoid misuse and damage
- Ensure all keys are stored safely in the keys cabinet.
Heating, Lighting, and Water
- Be aware of the location of all stopcocks, gas and electricity meters and emergency valves, etc.
- Maintain and monitor the heating system
- Identify the main power switch and main water terminal.
- Ensure fire extinguisher terminal kept free space for access.
- Reporting any lighting, plumbing issues to the facilities coordinator
- Upkeep and general care of the school inside and outside.
- Supervising housekeeping staff in their duties.
- Ensure rubbish bins are positioned in allocated places
- Manage the security of rubbish bins across the campus
- Ensure that all external rubbish is stored appropriately
- Keep campus clean and tidy, pick up obvious litter and be responsible for the removal of all debris from paths, playground areas, grassed areas, gardens and entrances
- To be in conjunction with garbage contractors to ensure internal communal rubbish bins are emptied regularly and supply with garbage bags as per the agreement.
- Support staff and students on recycling initiatives
- Ensure that the toilet areas are kept clean, tidy and replenished with toiletries throughout the day if necessary, attending to any cleaning emergencies that may result
- General transporting duties for equipment, furniture, etc. throughout campus
- Assisting teaching staff with simple building maintenance tasks as requested by the Operations Associate
- To serve on the Health & Safety Committee as required
- Any other work requested by, and deemed appropriate by, the Operations Associate.
Who you are
- You have a diploma in a relevant field
- You have 4 years of progressive experience with relevant type of work and supervising a team
- You have strong communication skills
- You have practical skills to carry out minor repairs
- You have awareness of health, safety, security and hygiene issues
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply Now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Working at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels our work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.