Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Overall responsibility for all Finance aspects in Kenya, which includes Tax, Actuarial, Controlling, FP&A and Capital Management responsibilities.
- Accountable for timely and accurate delivery of AIG Kenya’s external financial reporting and maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Business partnering and support role to the CEO, which includes updates on business strategy execution and profitability assessments of each line of business
- Primary Finance contact to the independent, non-executive directors, and responsible for accurate and timely Board reporting
- Responsible for overseeing the RBC function and the timely/accurate reporting of the Capital position and Capital Planning to the Board
- Oversight of all local financial statement and regulatory filings, and primary Finance liaison with all regulatory authorities
- Management of the audit process with external and internal auditors
- Implement and monitor Monthly Financial Reporting with a key focus on business performance, profitability and strategy execution
- Establish and implement the regulations on and procedures of financial management, cost management, budget management, accounting, accounting supervision and audit; Supervise the implementation of above-mentioned regulations and procedures;
- Represent AIG to the regulator regarding all financial matters when required and in the board of directors;
- Managing capital to meet regulatory requirements, dividend commitments and investment requirements; optimizing deployment of and returns on capital within those constraints;
- Overseeing the investment management activities of the company;
- Embedding the use of key performance metrics within the organization to drive actions and improve performance;
- Delivering well-supported budgets, plans and forecasts in line with AIG’s timelines, along with regular progress updates and action recommendations as appropriate;
- Ensure proper tax planning, computation and accounting and remittance of all applicable taxes (PAYE, VAT, WHT, etc)
- Engage with executive management as a strategic partner, influencing the future direction of the company and aligning business and finance strategy to achieve profitable and sustainable growth.
- Instill a financial approach and mind set throughout the organization as a catalyst to help other parts of the business perform better.
- Designing and implementing change to organizational design, processes and systems to meet current and future reporting obligations;
- Improving efficiency whilst maintaining control standards consistent with AIG policies and regulatory requirements;
- Provide a preventive financial control environment, aligned to company and legislative requirements.
- Ensure integrity of all financial data in underlying administrative system.
- Ensure control over operating systems impacting financial performance is implemented and operating effectively.
- Recommend improvements and adjustments as needed to ensure operational efficiency and meet operating requirements.
- Remediate and resolve material weaknesses and significant deficiencies identified through internal audit within agreed timelines
- Liaise with internal auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Keep abreast of local financial, legislative environment; advise the CEO on financial issues which arise and the consequences of proposed course of action.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in line with company and legislative requirements
- Ensure Internal and External financial reporting is concluded on a timely manner with appropriate approvals
- Administer the work of investment committee
- Review financial analysis for investment purposes as requested by the CEO.
- Manage account reconciliations accordingly to company and auditors standard
- Leading, mentoring and professionally developing people, making best and highest use of talent including exporting to benefit the wider Group, managing succession plans, fostering a culture of collaboration and promoting and delivering the benefits of working collaboratively to deliver AIG’s strategic objectives
- Aligning activity of Finance in Kenya with Region and Group
- Business Degree (B.Com – Accounting or MBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (K)
- Member of the ICPAK
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a Senior Accounting Position, as Finance Manager or Chief Finance Officer.
- Working knowledge of a multinational organization is highly recommended.
- Working in a matrix reporting structure will be an advantage.
- Business acumen to understand AIG’s business and functions
- Solving complex problems
- Managerial courage
- Organizational Agility
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Optimizing work processes
- Compliance/Regulatory knowledge
- Management Reporting
- Business/Product knowledge
Leadership Competencies: –
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Customer relationship building and management
- Conflict management
- Team building skills