Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Administration and Compliance Manager Somalia
Type of position: International
Location of work: Somalia at least 50%. Kenya rest of the time
Reports to: CISP Regional Office / HQ
Supervises: Admin team in Somalia
Start of work: January 2020
Duration: 2 years with possibility of renewal
CISP is an equal employment opportunity employer with its Headquarters in Rome.
Currently CISP has various field offices, including a Regional office in Nairobi. CISP Somalia carries out projects in area of aid and development by supporting national authorities and CSOs to provide quality, equitable, transparent and accountable services in the sectors of health and nutrition, education, protection, peacebuilding and emergency response.
CISP Somalia has its main office in Mogadishu and sub offices in Galkayo, Guriceel, Eldere and Harardere. CISP Somalia office is coordinated by CISP East Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, which provides support to country programmes in both Somalia and Kenya.
To support CISP Somalia Office, ensuring quality program coordination with respect to administrative functions including accounting, budgeting, procurement, reporting. To strengthen CISP’s administrative staff in Somalia ensuring compliance of CISP’s Management System and Code of Conduct.
Role and Responsibilities
Supervision of administrative related functions of programs and offices in the field
· To provide the Regional Office/HQ with information related to Finance and Administrative functions;
· To Provide clear support systems for the programmes in terms of logistics and financial monitoring;
· To maintain good links between the Administrative functions and the Programmes;
· To ensure CISP offices in Somalia conduct activities as per approved funds and timely avail quality financial supporting documents;
· To support the recruitment of new staff guaranteeing all standard and procedures are in place;
· To support the roll out and implementation of the updated financial and HR manuals, tools and programs.
Program and Grant management
· Ensure quality financial management of all grants and projects implemented in Somalia, according to CISP’s rules and policies and donor’s requirements.
· Ensure quality management of contracts (sub agreements, MOUs, procurements, HR, consultancies etc.)
· Ensure continuous conducive relations with donors and partners for matters pertaining to quality financial monitoring and reporting;
· Ensure adequacy of processes of external evaluations and audits;
· In accordance with Program staff and Regional office, establish, plan and monitor the cofounding strategy in coherence with donors’ requirements and CISP’s policy.
· Ensure HR management is in line with needs and requirements. Support the development of programme staff structures and HR resource Planning, initiate recruitment of staff, monitor their performance and act accordingly, identify capacity building needs and guarantee provision of trainings accordingly.
· Ensure Financial systems, tools, management, reporting, flows etc. are in line with needs, standards and requirements.
· Ensure Financial plans, reports are updated and shared.
· Ensure, procurements are conducted in line with CISP’s and donors’ standards.
· Ensure funds requests, funding documentation, cash flow and cash transfers are timely and adequately done and shared with the Regional office
· Ensure relationships with banks are in order
· Monitor expenditures and value for money
· Ensure all financial risks related to the program are identified, early warning and mitigation measures are in place.
· Ensure adequate office and base management
· Ensure SOPs are in place, updated and enforced
· Ensure logistics and movements including expat missions are smooth and up to standards
· Be up to date on requirements, continuously assess needs and inform the program
· Ensure field finance and admin offices and teams are adequately staffed, supported, supervised, trained and equipped.
· Ensure Registration, taxations and other legal and financial requirements are timely completed and in line with in land requirements.
· Submit monthly financial reports related to the financial status of the Somalia program according to HQ template
· Keep updated CISP financial accounting system
· Prepare and update the Structural and HR budgets for shared costs according to the organization available resources.
- At least a master’s degree in one of the following relevant fields: development and cooperation, administration, business, social and political sciences, humanitarian and international affairs, management of non-profit organization and programs with at least 7 years of experience.
Technical / Professional:
- Experience in managing, implementing, and monitoring complex grants above 5 Million USD.
- Experience in financial management, grant management, budget management, HR and procurement management, managing offices and teams, operations and compliance
- Experience in writing concepts and proposal budgets and financial reports
- Ability to develop the capacity of personnel and partners, solve problems and mediate conflicts
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate meetings, workshops and trainings
- Fluent written and spoken English. Somali is a plus
- Knowledge of Accounting and financial reporting programs
- Interest and capacity to keep up to date on financial matters and guidelines
- Good communication skills: oral and written (English, Somali is an asset)
- Ability to maintain consistent high standards of professional behaviour and achievement when working alone and in a team
- Proactiveness and problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Able to motivate teams and bring the best out of people
- Accuracy and Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Capacity to mentor, train, explain and support finance and program team
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified persons, with the required experience are invited to submit their application to email@example.com
by close of business on: 22nd November.
Email subject: A/Somalia/01 – Administration and Compliance Manager Somalia
Application to include ALL of the following:
- CV (not exceeding 4 pages), including 3 references.
- Cover letter (1 page maximum)
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CISP, please visit www.cisp-ngo.org
/ www.cisp-som.org CISP is strongly committed to ending Child Abuse, all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and to building a work environment that is safe and welcoming for all, where Sexual Harassment does not take place.
The desired candidate for any position should share and support this commitment in all aspects of their personal and professional behaviour. Any history implicating that the applicant has a history of Child Abuse, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, or Sexual Harassment, is a reason for excluding him or her from employment with CISP.