Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
● Verify accounts by reconciling statements, transactions and supporting documents
● Prepare check and cash payment vouchers and allocate expenses to proper accounting codes for all financial transactions in line with budgets and project documentation
● Posting of Journals as directed by the Finance Manager
● File and archive all accounting and supporting documents appropriately
● Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Prepare programs budget pipelines and management reports for review by the Finance Manager before submission to Program Managers and SCOPE Operations & Finance Manager
● Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
● Ensure that VAT invoice fulfill VAT claim requirements, prepare and follow up VAT claim on quarterly basis in collaboration with the Finance Manager
● Ensure that all accounting requests from HQ for finance supporting documentation are sent in a timely manner to the International Accountants
● Prepare Monthly Budget vs. Actual (BVA) Reports on the project for review by the Country Finance Manager, Program Managers, Country Director and SCOPE Finance and Operations Manager.
● Work with Program Managers and Procurement Department to ensure that procurement’s are made in a timely manner, adhering to WR Policy and USAID regulations, communicating with the SCOPE Finance and Operations Manager if additional approvals for HO or USAID are required prior to any procurement.
● Proven Experience in fund-based accounting.
● Prior Experience working on USAID, OFDA, EU or other Grants or Projects.
● Proven Experience in Computerized Accounting.
● Excellent skills in MS office especially MS Excel and Word.
● Excellent written and oral English skills.
● Adhere to all policies and procedures, which govern World Relief.
● High level of integrity and sense of confidentiality.
● Initiative, excellent organizational ability, with attention to details
● Excellent interpersonal skills for team work in a multicultural environment
● Self-directing, reliable and responsible
● Strategic thinker, patient and self-controlled.
● Resourcefulness-Ability to find alternate solutions to problems.
● Attention to details-Ensure nothing is missed or overlooked.
● Persistence- Ability to follow up on getting results without being confrontational.
● Discretion-Be trustworthy enough to handle confidential information.
• The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- General office setting, 40% field experience, including too fragile environments
- Great lengths of time working on the computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.