Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The position entails providing financial and administration support to the project with assistance from the project coordinator and AbleChildAfrica our UK partner in the project. …
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure all financial activities comply and are consistent with ANDY’s policies and procedures, international accounting and auditing standards and adhere to the terms and conditions of donor agreements.
Manage a sound cash management system and ensure sufficient funds are available in the office petty cash fund.
Compile all cash payment requests, for employees and consultants, for authorization and payment approval. Follow up accountability of expense and reimbursement claims.
Ensure time sheets for the field office staff are filled and signed and that these correspond to the time worked.
Ensure all consultants’ time sheets are filled and signed and that the fee invoiced corresponds to the time worked.
Verify the accuracy, validity and legitimacy of all procurement and creditors payments. Check completeness of all financial documents (purchase requests, invoices, vouchers, etc.) for payment from ANDY.
Keep and maintain all project accounting records in soft as well as hard form.
Responsible to maintain cash book, ledgers and trial balance for project office.
Maintain accurate and complete daily financial transactions records and supporting documents system, duly electronically filed and labelled for quick access.
Prepare monthly cash reconciliations and weekly cash count reports. Ensure clear audit trail of processed transactions and their linkage to the accounting system.
Management of project cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections for the field office
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT
· Bachelors of commerce degree in finance, accounting or related business field .
· Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting, financial, and budget management, in similar position within development cooperation and/or international cooperation. Must also demonstrate substantial experience in an existing similar role.
· Experience from working with donors on financial policies and guidelines, grants management and maintaining ledgers and cash / bank reconciliations is an asset.
· Must be highly result-oriented, self-motivated, honest and have demonstrable analytical skills.
· Must be able to work independently, prioritize assignments, manage own time to meet deadlines, have positive attitude, pay attention to detail and handle work pressure.
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS office (especially excel) and quick books accounting package.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership and communication skills. Able to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and a growing organization and ability to work as part of a team.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication to the mission and vision of the organization and adheres to strong ethical professional values.
CONDITIONS OF ASSIGNMENT
A part-time position with a starting date of January 1st, 2020
Office location: Nairobi (Dagoretti Constituency)
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter and 2 page Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 PM, November 20th, 2019.
The application must include a CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at ANDY.
Selected applicants will be contacted by 2nd December 2019