Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Branch Support Officer
Reporting to: Manager- Branch Support
Location: Head Office Operations
Section: Branch Support
The position is responsible for providing structured support to Branches in view of ensuring uniformity of application of procedures, processes and adequate effective controls across all branches.
- Effective branch support
- Undertake regular branch visit to ascertain;
- The state of maintenance, including general tidiness,
- State of repair and
- That minimum standards set by the bank are being observed.
- Branch support on Audit related matters
- Coaching and mentoring of the Branches Operations team to address specific weaknesses noted through direct interaction or matters arising from Audit reports
- Identify common weaknesses arising from Branch Audits and assess implications from an Operations perspective. Consider action required arising there from and ensure uniform application across all branches. This may require change of procedures, review of controls or need for training.
- Timely identification of control lapses and in liaison with the manager branch support lead and coordinate for necessary corrective action
- Assist branches with any operation issues requiring procedural clarifications
- Undertake comprehensive review of actual application of controls in place
- Conduct snap checks to ensure operational processes are adequately observed
- Comprehensive cash counts for all cash holdings at the branch
- Comprehensive review of all value instruments including but not limited to Drafts Bankers cheques, cheque books, Debit and credit cards, PIN mailers etc.
- Participation and coordination in branch operations projects
- Provide the required link/support required for effective branch engagement
- Drive operational initiatives requiring central coordination at head office for branch input e.g. specific external audits
Academic and Professional qualification
- Business related degrees
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
Training and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in general Bank Operations
- Conversant with the general branch operations functions and products as well as CBK prudential guidelines
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Work with minimum supervision
- Computer literacy especially in Ms Word and spread sheet solutions
- Flexibility and willingness to travel sometimes for durations of time
Closing Date: Mon, Nov 18 2019