Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Logistics Specialist
Activity: USAID Kenya/East Africa Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Mission Support Program
Implementer: SoCha LLC
Company background: SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
Activity background: USAID/Kenya East Africa seeks to advance what self-reliance means for Kenya and the broader region. To support USAID/KEA to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Thus, the Journey to Self-Reliance program aims to:
- Strengthen monitoring, verification, and reporting systems;
- Improve the utilization of evaluations, assessments, and analyses to fulfill learning objectives and inform decisions;
- Improve internal and external coordination, collaboration, and learning;
- Enhance practices of learning and adapting; and
- Support strategy development and process management.
J2SR is both a support contract and a core learning mechanism for the USAID/KEA mission.
J2SR will support USAID/Kenya and East Africa across all technical areas, operating in Nairobi, Kenya with travel in both Kenya and the East Africa region.
J2SR will partner with local organizations and local firms and will work to build local capacity to drive ambitious development agenda throughout Kenya and East Africa.
Position background: Reporting directly to the Finance and Operations Director, the Project Logistics Specialist will manage and coordinate all logistical activities for MSP project. The full-time Logistics Specialist will oversee all aspects of logistical services for the project’s office according to USAID and SoCha regulations.
The Logistics Specialist will also coordinate and ensure provision of logistical and administrative support for all project activities including event planning, meetings, travel and related.
- Oversee all Logistical activities on the project, support, and follow-up on procurements, and ensure compliance with relevant procedures related to travel.
- Plan and support all logistics for monitoring activities, evaluation activities, and other project activities.
- Ensure effective operations by coordinating with drivers, venues, suppliers, activity-specific logisticians, etc.
- Mobilize personnel and consultants by arranging travel and accommodation.
- Maintain and update the project’s calendar of activities.
- Collaborate with technical and program teams and staff to draft contracts with vendors and service providers related to logistical.
- Draft Requests for Quotations/Proposals, coordinate proposal reviews, and write selection memos in accordance with USAID and SoCha LLC policies.
- Foster and manage all relationships with vendors and service providers and ensure compliance with the terms of their contracts or service agreements.
- Other responsibilities, as determined by the Finance and Administration Director.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of experience serving in a related position, overseeing logistics and procurement for USAID projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in conducting comparative cost analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in negotiating vendor contracts (including price levels, terms of delivery, etc.)
Place of performance: Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel within Kenya or East Africa region
Period of performance: Through the life of the activity, October 15, 2021, unless extended by a modification to the employment agreement, or terminated in accordance with SoCha LLC policy and Kenya law
Reporting: The Senior Logistics Specialist reports to the Director of Finance & Administration
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their CV by end of the day, Thursday November 28, 2019.
To apply, kindly click on this link: https://socha.today/logistics-specialist/